Author Topic: Ipods or something  (Read 2228 times)

lezelle

• Acre
Ipods or something
« on: September 20, 2019, 15:31:33 »
Hi All, I have just found out that apple are getting rid of ipods. Having used one on the plot for quite a while I am disappointed. The new ones are like phones and cost over a hundred pounds. I will not go there. I have heard about mp3 players. I looked them up and they are more affordable. I am interested in getting one. Does anyone use them? are they compatible with iTunes? are they rechargeable or battery? I am even considering trying a down load of my music to a disc as I still have a disc player. Not being that computer orientated I am a little confused. I like the ipods as only I hear it and it doesn't bother others unlike those still using radios. Any help advice recommendations would be most welcome. thanks

lezelle

• Acre
Re: Ipods or something
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 15:49:21 »
Hi Ya, me again. I have been looking and found this one. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ueleknight-Portable-Digital-Picture-Economic-Black/dp/B07X8453KP/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8. Hope link works. What does anyone think? Good price for me and what I want to do with it. Any advice for a simpleton like me will be welcomed. Thanks

Beersmith

• Hectare
  • Duston, Northampton. Loam / sand.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 17:12:04 »
I would put in a lot of research before making a purchase.

Things to consider.  How much memory does the device have?  This will control how much music you can store.  Check what file types it can handle. MP3 is very common, but the songs on your existing device may be different.

Consider how you will get your music onto the device. Some players may need you to have a computer to set up your play lists before loading them.  Research how flexible are the play back features. Some players have a very sequential play back. Meaning you may have to step through a set of songs on an album before reaching the one you want.

Lots to think about, and I am not making any recommendations except to do lots of research!
Not mad, just out to mulch!

hippydave

• Hectare
  • Retford. Notts
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 20:00:17 »
I use the Sony mp3 players and find them great, very good sound and easy to navigate. But you may to convert your iTunes songs to mp3 first, Apple dont making easy to navigate away from their products.
you may be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you dance with de reaper.

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 05:42:05 »
I too use my ipod a lot.  Great for wakeful hours during the night!  But you have one, so what is the problem?  If it stops working, why not just get a second-hand  replacement on eBay? There are lots available.   Or get another one now, just in case.

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 08:08:02 »
Hi Ya, I do currently use ipod shuffle and generation. I am saying that apple are phasing them out, indeed I can no longer load my shuffle ipod. This is why I am considering an alternative. I realise that research is required and that is why I am asking are these items ok with iTunes etc. I know lots use them so thought advice might be about from more knowledgeable persons than myself. I appreciate your advice and will be trawling where I can to glean more information. I see some mp3 players have good write ups and are only 15 to 40 pounds. I would ask in the shops but realise they will tell you anything in order to make asale hence my asking for peoples experience. Please keep it going. thanks

Beersmith

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 23:16:23 »
Well maybe there is another way of thinking about this.

Where do you intend to get your music from? If you intend to stream it you will either need to pay (Spotify or Tidal just as examples) or use one of the legal free systems (Spotify but with advertising, FMA, Sound cloud, etc). So you will need to be familiar with the procedures for linking your device to the source.  That might influence your choice.

Personally, I buy my music as MP3 files and store them permanently on my PC. Then can load them onto my current player. But it appears that you don't have a permanent music collection. So maybe this is not your intended route.

But I'm a bit puzzled because direct streaming arrives via an internet connection (you never have a permanent copy).  So you can presumably get an internet connection while at your allotment which is something I could not do.

Hmmmmm

Beersmith

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2019, 23:25:32 »
Another thought.

Do you have a good mobile phone? If it is an android device you could install one of a variety of apps and stream to your phone saving your pennies for something else.

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 15:20:21 »
Hi Ya, Thanks Beersmith, frazzles my brain as I didn't know there was so much to a simple question. I am getting old and the technology has left me behind. I download to my iPod from iTunes and have used it for a long while. I noticed that mp3 players have been around for ages and still popular. I also have my music on the lap top in windows media, it looks similar to iTunes as you make playlists etc. I do have a phone but I couldn't say if it was android or steam. It mentions blue tooth in the players so does that mean using  compatible wireless headphones? I like that idea as I keep snagging the lead on iPod when on the plot where I use them. Interesting and I assume the mp3 would fit better with the windows music media. I am not going to advanced and a cheap listen to it will suffice. Thanks all

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019, 15:50:08 »
I have just treated my wife an I-ron :tongue3:

pumkinlover

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2019, 07:51:54 »
I have just treated my wife an I-ron :tongue3:

:toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10:

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2019, 09:40:55 »
I just stick all my music into Google play - I think you are allowed 30,000 songs..
Then I stream it anywhere with the caveat that you need an internet connection.
However you can still buy iPods but they use the same system as iPhones and iPads...  It is only support for the classic iPods that is being killed off - iPods in general are still going strong.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal