Author Topic: helicoptors eveywhere  (Read 1455 times)

ACE

• Hectare
helicoptors eveywhere
« on: August 08, 2019, 11:44:01 »
Buzzing all over the place because Kate and William and loads of hangers on are sailing, newspapers paying a fortune to get pictures. Who really cares?

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
Re: helicoptors eveywhere
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 12:53:06 »
Crazy world !   :coffee2:
Trespassers will be composted !

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 15:34:50 »
Is it Cowes week by any chance?

I holidayed in IOW a few times when the kids were little and Cowes was just full of Hooray Henry's with their big yachts trying to impress the 'paupers' like me. That is people who had scraped a few bob together to take their kids on a holiday!

It was quite common for 'Royalty to visit the festival so it is no surprise to me that  Kate and Will are  taking B&B at Osborne house this week!

Can't say things have changed the rich are getting richer and the poor and gettin poorer....Seems like nothing has changed since my last visit around 40 years ago!

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 18:36:59 »
If those photos didn't help sell the magazines and papers there'd be no helicopters.

I doubt very much if the rich are trying to impress the "paupers".  They hardly know they're there.  It's each other they want to impress.
Obxx - Vendée France

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 19:04:14 »
I don't go down the town in Cowes week. Rude arrogant yachties  everywhere, plastic beer glasses. I keep to the country local about a mile away. I once thought I would do a bit of busking with the old squeeze box, not worth the effort. Usual income from busking £30 to £50 an hour, Cowes week about a fiver if you were lucky. Played the Marina for a few years.   

Beersmith

• Hectare
  • Duston, Northampton. Loam / sand.
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 20:08:06 »
the rich are getting even richer and the poor are gettin poorer....

It reminds me of the story of the mice who elected a government of black cats. Obviously the black cats didn't give a d**n about the mice and life was pretty grim. Then the mice had a brilliant idea, and they elected a government of white cats. Things were different but not much better because the white cats didn't really care about the mice either. So they tried the black cats again and things got even worse.

Now and then one mouse would say this is ridiculous.  What we really need is to elect a government of mice. But the cats between them controlled everything - the government, big business, the judiciary, the media, the banks - the cats had it all. So it was easy to convince the other mice that the idea of a mouse government was a mad extremist notion and dangerous too.  The mice were increasingly desperate and some said we need to elect a government of ginger cats, others said only green cats have the answers, but others thought green cats were too rare ever to run a government and said we need to vote for cats that changed their coats and used to be black or white but are now grey.

And so it goes . . .
Not mad, just out to mulch!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal