Author Topic: CRASH!  (Read 1402 times)

ACE

• Hectare
CRASH!
« on: June 05, 2019, 14:16:12 »
Quietly sitting indoors, all of a sudden a mighty crash from the garden and the dogs barking like mad. Rushed out to see a huge limb has fallen of off the Magnolia tree. From the look of the tree the branch must have been staying on with a wing and a prayer. There was only a 3 inch strip of good wood, the branch must have been slowly separating from the main trunk for a few years even though it was in full leaf. There are some lovely colours in the wood so I'll trim it up and give the big lump to my mate who does craft work with wood. I expect he will season it for a few years and turn it into tulip wood bowls and light switch pulls. Lucky the grandchildren were not playing out there and it came down without hitting the cars.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
Re: CRASH!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 19:10:38 »
oh my gosh Ace that was a stroke of luck that the grandkids were not there does the rest of the tree look sound?

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: CRASH!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 08:32:31 »
Good that no damage and danger to life happened.  What a scare!  How will you make sure that the other limbs are still solid if you can't see from the leaves?  How old is the tree and how long do they live?  Glad you were all safe! 

Hope your friend will carve you a nice memento too.

:sunny:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal