Author Topic: Walliis Seeds  (Read 1816 times)

Plot22

• Half Acre
Walliis Seeds
« on: June 04, 2019, 14:40:32 »
I have used Wallis seeds for many years. I was aware that the owners were retiring at the end of May but does anyone know if the company have been taken over or unfortunately just closed down. The seeds were first class and good value for money. Always in plain packaging to keep the costs down and postage was a set amount.

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
Re: Walliis Seeds
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 17:29:24 »
Google gives you this
"Search Results
Web results
Vegetables - Wallis Seeds
www.wallis-seeds.co.uk/index.php?lst=9

Telephone/Fax Orders: 01245 360413 Email: info@wallis-seeds.co.uk ... variety (1 plant per seed), richly coloured, vigorous, uniform smooth skinned, ideal for ...
Flowers M - Z - Wallis Seeds
www.wallis-seeds.co.uk/index.php?lst=1&s=7&show=0&to=25

This site will close at the end of the month.We are retiring on the 31st May. Ring us for quotes on clearance lines 01245 360413. We wish to thank everyone for ...
Contact Us - Wallis Seeds
www.wallis-seeds.co.uk/contact-us.php

This site will close at the end of the month.We are retiring on the 31st May. Ring us for quotes on clearance lines 01245 360413. We wish to thank everyone for ..."

Looks like that's the end.

Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 21:21:47 »
What a Shame.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 22:37:36 »
i think the sites already closed.

cam

Lady of the Land

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 21:39:11 »
This is interesting

I live nearby and used them for last 15 years. I always take my seed list in and collect seeds, yet they never said anything to me about closing and have had chats to them while there about their age and how much work it entailed through out the year. The company was basically a couple working  out of a shed at the bottom of their garden.

I have had problems with some of their seed in last 2 years and was going to go else where for next year. This probably answers why, they may have used old seed

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal