Author Topic: Recently spotted at Wyevale  (Read 2216 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Recently spotted at Wyevale
« on: May 29, 2019, 12:43:06 »
When somebody asked if they could take some they were refused. Not even sorted for recycling, shame on them.

Pescador

• Hectare
Re: Recently spotted at Wyevale
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 16:56:29 »
Disgusting example for their customers.
It looks as if it was all either compostable or recyclable
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 18:41:16 »
And some plants look salvageable.   Miserable git for not letting people take them away.

Companies who make their profits selling plants should not be cruel to them - how hard is it to set up automatic watering for stock?
Obxx - Vendée France

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 20:57:16 »
If you get a "contract" to supply a supermarket, its quite normal for them to only pay for the product sold, the supplier is at their mercy and will have had to have stood the cost of the waste.It would not surprise me to find he also paying for the skip to dispose.
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 21:25:03 »
I don't think Wyevale grow their own plants, they just buy in bulk and sell it at high prices. The high price covers the price of the waste. I used to go to New Covent Garden and buy direct at prices you could only dream of, 50 box balls in 4lt pots less than £200. Repotted to 5lt pots, used in a show garden then sold on at £15 each. Most of the plants for sale in garden centres and supermarkets come in daily from Holland, rebranded and sold as if they were grown in  GB.

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 08:12:09 »
Went to Bridgemere garden centre last year and lots of the plants were dying from lack of water. Part of a bus trip.
I t concerns me how much plastic waste there is through the horticultural trade.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 23:52:29 »
Hope to go to support local fete for autistic children tomorrow. They have a greenhouse and got some good plants last year, but have given up allotment so wont buy much. Miss it, but legs have seized up so hopefully someone else will enjoy it. Dulcie still doing ok at present, apart from a few loving bites when his food is late. Have got a few strawberries plants I got from my allotment. Feeling sad.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 10:12:42 »
Just had an email to inform me that our local Wyvale is being taken over by Dobies.....another one bites the dust!😳
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 21:54:22 »
The place i go to does the same and the plants looked great (bin inside while they cleared out old stock) i honestly could have taken some and made good use of them but they said no :(

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2019, 11:04:58 »
I went to Aldi recently browsing their plants, and a bloke was having a rant that the staff are not allowed to water the plants for health and safety reasons....😳
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal