Author Topic: Raspberry ,Tayberry and Tomato plants  (Read 1288 times)

davholla

• Hectare
Raspberry ,Tayberry and Tomato plants
« on: May 23, 2019, 15:25:43 »
I am thinking of buying some from Wilko tomorrow and planting them the same time.  However I am going away for 7 days on Sunday - would 3 days worth of watering be enough before I go for a week?  I live in London.

Also my sweetcorn has not done very well - one germinated from 5 and that seems to have died, can I buy plants cheaply from anywhere?

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: Raspberry ,Tayberry and Tomato plants
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 16:47:52 »
Are you planting them in the ground?  If so, given a decent watering and a mulch the raspberry and tayberry should be fine.   Tomatoes can be planted deeper than they were in heir original pot and that should help them have adequate moisture unless you get a sudden heatwave.   

Can you maybe get sweetcorn plugs from a local garden centre or DIY?
Obxx - Vendée France

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 17:30:08 »
I agree with Obelix

Regarding Sweetcorn: You could try buying another packet of an early variety e.g. Swift and sow them insitu.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 18:40:32 »
Pregrow the sweetcorn and transplant.  Better germination as animals will not find the seeds and treat them as a nice snack you provided for them   :BangHead:

And like Obelixx said,  water very well and then mulch deeply.  Cut grass is a good mulch and keeps water very well. 

Enjoy your time away.   :wave:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal