Author Topic: Home brew fertiliser  (Read 5575 times)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Home brew fertiliser
« on: May 18, 2019, 23:33:42 »
Was browsing for something else and found this ;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0eiq_HXWs8M

New one on me might give it a go

These tips were on the same page;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yNLrPb4100Y

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Home brew fertiliser
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 09:54:15 »
We have a Vita Mix which is a very expensive American blender. They were demonstrating it at a garden show. The salesman done all the pitch about preparing food, then he chucked all the peelings etc and blended those saying they were perfect for the compost heap. I got one of the demonstration models after the show really cheap but I have never been allowed to mash my compost in it.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 10:26:05 »
I had a brainwave recently about the water left in the steamer after steaming vegetables.  It is always  a bit yellow,  greenish or purplish, depending on what was steamed.  So I thought, why not use that on plants.  As whatever has leached into steamer water came from veg, it probably is beneficial to veg. 

Now I use it for watering or put it into the kitchen waste bin to go to the compost heap.  Adding extra moisture to the bin has had the effect of faster rotting and the plants are not looking bad either, although they also get normal fertiliser, so I cannot say how effective steamer water is.  :wave:

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 18:02:51 »
i might add it to my comfrey and pigeon poo tea its brewing away nicely added more comfrey  today its bubbling away like a witches cauldron end of june be ready to serve
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Beersmith

• Hectare
  • Duston, Northampton. Loam / sand.
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 20:26:06 »
i might add it to my comfrey and pigeon poo tea its brewing away nicely added more comfrey  today its bubbling away like a witches cauldron end of june be ready to serve

Well I suppose it is a matter of personal taste. But, personally I prefer a mug of typhoo.
Not mad, just out to mulch!

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 08:55:46 »
I have  several  barrels of comfrey tea and two weed tea tubs at the allotment.
At home there is rabbit poo tea brewing.

For drinking though I will stick with Assam :glasses9:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal