Author Topic: help with ghost koi  (Read 4494 times)

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
help with ghost koi
« on: April 05, 2005, 20:36:55 »
i don't know if anyone can help me but i have a ghost koi that is about five years old and on his top fin he has like a little white bubble attached to it its not clear and is quite small but its attached right to the end of the fin hes seems ok in his self and is eating and very active could anybody tell me what it might be and how i can treat it thanks

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
Re: help with ghost koi
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 21:55:26 »
Could be white spot or otherwise known as ich, does it look like this?...
You can treat it with Malachite Green or Malachite Green and Formalin ;)

Margaret

• Hectare
  • My precious granddaughter Lauren
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 10:04:25 »
Fish can get lumps and bumps that are quite harmless.As long as he is eating and the lumps are not spreading or getting angry looking i would leave well alone.Fish can get what is callled carp pox,which is viral and untreatable but so long as your water is of good quality and your other fish healthy i would not worry at all.Sometimes treating ponds with strong chemicals can do much more harm than good.I would test your water just to be sure though.
Margaret

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 10:30:04 »
Here's a picture of a Koi with carp pox, they look like greasy blobs and as Margaret says "untreatable" but affected fish usually recover in clean water conditions. ;)

Hope the photo's are of some help :)

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 19:49:29 »
thanks for all your help yes the lump does look like carp pox's the fish does seem happy and is eating well and all the other  fish seem well the water is a bit cloudy in the pond ,have never had so much blanket weed which we will be sorting out tomorrow taking it out manually is quite a big pond 22 foot by 24 foot so will not be looking forward to that but thanks for all your help has put my mind at rest thanks all

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal