Author Topic: Mare's Tail  (Read 11426 times)

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
Re: Mare's Tail
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2023, 10:21:38 »
I don't have that on my plot (Bindweed and Couch grass are the weeds of choice). The guys that are afflicted with MAre's Tail say the only sure way is to dig, dig, dig.  Keep removing and it will radically reduce in time.
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Harry

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2023, 11:12:16 »
I don't have that on my plot (Bindweed and Couch grass are the weeds of choice). The guys that are afflicted with MAre's Tail say the only sure way is to dig, dig, dig.  Keep removing and it will radically reduce in time.
Best we can do is keep on top of it and suppress it. It can never be eradicated and turn your back on it for a few weeks and it returns.
But hey ho. It doesn't eat much, nor does it choke our crops. It is simply.... There to annoy us by laughing at our mortal struggle. :BangHead:

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2023, 16:50:27 »
As I see it, it is Hoe! Hoe! Hoe! Then a few weeks later, it's some more Hoe! Hoe! Hoeing! :nike:

Harry

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2023, 19:03:58 »
As I see it, it is Hoe! Hoe! Hoe! Then a few weeks later, it's some more Hoe! Hoe! Hoeing! :nike:

Masochist  :tongue3:

Don't you like murdering baby shoots?  :happy7: Is it a sense of fair play where you like to pick on something your own size? Are you trying to maximise your crop of this stuff? :tongue3:

Tell you what, if this stuff were edible, we could feed the world.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2023, 20:47:43 »
Thought you might like to see my plot when I took it over;

Harry

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2023, 22:51:46 »
Kudos  :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

I think anyone who takes on and clears an untended plot should get a medal and at least  a free years rent....
And those that rent a plot and don't tend it should have to explain themselves at least.

At my site, the use it or lose it rules read as draconian, but no sign of them being applied.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal