Author Topic: Any recipes for parsnip chutney?  (Read 1919 times)

George the Pigman

• Hectare
  • Birmingham, neutral clay soil
Any recipes for parsnip chutney?
« on: March 23, 2019, 20:24:40 »
A great year for parsnips but I need to do things with them. Parsnip soup I have already done but we love chutneys,.
Anyone any recipes for parsnip chutney. I have searched on line and they are few and far between. There are some shops selling parsnip and chilli chutney but I can't find any recipes for it. The sweetness of parsnips coupled will the kick of chilli sounds a great combination!

Vinlander

• Hectare
  • North London - heavy but fertile clay
Re: Any recipes for parsnip chutney?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 14:09:32 »
Have you tried them in stews? - Irish type particularly and especially any fish version (because of the slight parsley taste).

You'd be surprised how little meat or fish is needed to make a good Irish stew.

They also make good crisps - better than potato (but beetroot and celeriac are still best).

Cheers.
With a microholding you always get too much or bugger-all. (I'm fed up calling it an allotment garden - it just encourages the tidy-police).

The simple/complex split is more & more important: Simple fertilisers Poor, complex ones Good. Simple (old) poisons predictable, others (new) the opposite.

George the Pigman

• Hectare
  • Birmingham, neutral clay soil
Re: Any recipes for parsnip chutney?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 21:05:06 »
Thanks for your tips. I will try out some of the chutney recipes although surprisingly the parsnips are disappearing at a rapid rate. I did some soup the other day in a soup maker and it took a lot of them!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal