Produce > Pests & Diseases

Glyphosphate

(1/3) > >>

Digeroo:
I would like to stop people spraying Glyphosate about the place.  There was one guy who was always doing it, and did not seem to notice it was blowing all over the place in the wind.  He has now died of cancer!!  Make of that what you will.

Another couple sprayed the weeds on their plot and it  blew all over my raspberries which died.  I am pleased to say that they have given up.    Though overwise they were very nice.

Obelixx:
It is now banned here, as of the new year, along with many other chemicals no longer available to gardeners.

Years ago when we were just starting to plant a wind break of shrubs along the boundary our Belgian garden the farmer came and sprayed the arable field behind.
  I managed to save the shrubs by cleaning them down with the hose but the perennials and veggies I'd planted inside those all died.   A quiet word with him was enough to make him more careful about wind direction and strength so no more problems.

Beersmith:

--- Quote from: Obelixx on February 02, 2019, 12:41:33 ---It is now banned here, as of the new year, along with many other chemicals no longer available to gardeners.

--- End quote ---

Can you provide an update. I had thought the French parliament voted against a ban around September last year. Has something happened since?

Beersmith:
If you stole produce from another plot you would be evicted. If you went onto another plot and damaged their shed or trampled on their crops you would be evicted.  If you let your dog foul paths or other people's plots you should be evicted.

It is all quite simple. If your actions cause any appreciable damage or harm you are obstructing the freedom of other plot holders to enjoy their plot. You have no one to blame but yourself if you get evicted.

I never spray glyphosate, but have used it in small amounts as a contact herbicide to wipe onto the leaves of particularly stubborn perennial weeds. But if you want to use it, I'm indifferent to you causing yourself harm, just make sure you don't inflict it on others.

Obelixx:
Beersmith - https://www.journaldesfemmes.fr/jardin/jardinage/1719901-pesticides-interdits-dans-jardins-particuliers/ 

Effective from 1st of January, no more chemical pesticides, herbicides and fungicides for non-professional use   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version