General > News

Time for the wooly longjohns

(1/3) > >>

ACE:
Minus 7 degrees. Kinell! it must be a record here. I dread to think what it is like up in the frozen wastelands of the north. No white stuff, yet, and fingers crossed we'll miss it. Where is global warming when you need it.

galina:
"Only" -6.2C here.  Pretty cold and we have an inch of the white stuff too.  But sunny later guess it will melt.  Surprised that IOW is colder than here on the "spine" of the country.  Or do I need to rethink the position of my min/max thermometer?  It is inside the pergola stuffed right inside the vine.  I have often wondered whether it is warmer right next to plants.  :wave:   

caroline7758:
-2 here in Berwick-upon-Tweed. Hard frost but no snow yet. Can't seethe Cheviots today so guess it's foggy over there.

Obelixx:
Here it is officially 2C but actually feels 5 degrees colder cos someone has opened the door up north and Arctic blasts are getting in every nook and cranny.   They reckon tomorrow the wind chill factor will be 7 degrees of cold.   Brrrr!

Beersmith:
Ladies and gentlemen, please let us not get carried away.

It was only a few days back I was wondering if my apples were going to get the necessary 800 chill hours this winter. A few cold days and a couple of sharp frosts (very sharp in some places) is hardly unusual for late January.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version