Author Topic: seen it all now  (Read 1907 times)

RobinOfTheHood

• Hectare
  • South Yorks
Re: seen it all now
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 14:05:59 »
Better get some in quick.
I hoe, I hoe, then off to work I go.

http://tapnewswire.com/

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 19:46:40 »
Great stunt to clear out all the remainers, cos they're not the first choice of many! Just how many families would that lot feed if grown competently. 7000 parissianne carrot seeds per packet. Could be a good investment..............
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 19:56:43 »
Having listened to The Food Programme on Radio 4 this afternoon,we might need this!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00026hb

Beersmith

• Hectare
  • Duston, Northampton. Loam / sand.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 12:46:16 »
Great stunt to clear out all the remainers, cos they're not the first choice of many! Just how many families would that lot feed if grown competently. 7000 parissianne carrot seeds per packet. Could be a good investment..............

I saw the word "clear out all the remainers" and for a moment thought you might be going all heavily political, but I agree it looks like a ploy to clear some less popular lines. I have grown Ferrari french beans and think they are a good variety, but I'd avoid anything that was vague about the variety like"dwarf pea". I grew meteor once, but was unimpressed by the flavour.

That said, Franchi seeds do seem to contain generous quantities of seeds for the money.
Not mad, just out to mulch!

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 19:22:52 »
Political? who me?
Never let it be said.
The thought occurs however that should there ever be starvation, it would be the vegans and lefties who might be the tenderest eating, if they didn't stick in the throat.
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

pumkinlover

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 07:42:13 »
Political? who me?
Never let it be said.
The thought occurs however that should there ever be starvation, it would be the vegans and lefties who might be the tenderest eating, if they didn't stick in the throat.

Probably best if we leave the possibility of cannibalism alone, it's definitely in bad taste, whatever your political choices.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal