Author Topic: A ?Frustrating morning.  (Read 1260 times)

Palustris

• Hectare
A ?Frustrating morning.
« on: April 04, 2005, 12:37:01 »
Lovely morning, opened the greenhouses, watered and weeded gently. Found the thick gloves and the loppers and the secateurs and went down to start cutting back the stuff round the pond. A visitor! Very welcome and a good friend who enjoys looking at the garden and plants, but it does stop the working. While having coffee a knock on the door and there is the woodman with a double load of logs.  So we spend the time till lunch moving these thrice warming pieces of firewood into the woodshed. (Thrice warming? 1Moving them! 2. Chopping them! 3. Burning them!)
So gardening nil. Now? Well my back has gone into spasm from moving the wood, so  I am going to put on my back support and go round Powys gardens. Perhaps we will get something done this evening, but don't bank on it.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Deleted

• Half Acre
Re: A ?Frustrating morning.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 16:45:17 »
I sympathise with you. Also dodgy back, and a frustrating Sunday. Planned to spend all day on the lottie when received phone call on Saturday to say my OH's sister was flying in any time and staying for 4 days. Nice thought, lousy timing - OH really poorly now and not wanting visitors, me running around like headless chicken. Also, by the time I get to the lottie, 2 weeks will have passed and I have nightmares of all the clearing I've done so far to get it into shape being undone again. Keep having alternative dreams of strapping young men popping up out of nowhere to help me dig the plot over one weekend... but I think that will just stay a dream!
Dawn

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 23:43:29 »
Sorry to hear about the back Palustris.  Mine went into spasm on Mother's Day just before I was due to go out for dinner.  Thought I'd never be able to walk again  :o :o :o   I've got some tranquillisers from the doc in case it happens again.  I take them to the allotment with me just in case it goes again.  I noticed yesterday on the plots that a man kept stopping what he was doing and stretching his arms up in the air and walking round  :(
I came, I saw, I composted

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 11:05:55 »
Powys Castle gardens and the Dingle Nursery, did the back a power of good. (Well that and the back support and the cessation of bending type exercies.) Even manged to do a bit of gardening after dinner too.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 11:22:56 »
Hope you feel better soon Palustris  :)
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 11:28:50 »
I've got a spare one if you lose yours, Eric.

One big lesson I learned - never turn while you're bending!! That was 50 years ago.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal