Allotment Stuff > Allotment Movement

Distance to your allotment

(1/4) > >>

nodig:
Well another survey  :icon_cheers:  I now travel 6 miles to my allotment (having parted ways with two closer allotments) but now in a very happy place.  I'm guessing I travel the furthest on the forum, but who knows? So get your pens out folks and let us all know how far you travel to enjoy your allotment and how often. I'm going to guess at 1 mile average and 4 visits per week during the growing season.  Also let us all know if it is the nearest allotment to where you live.  Thanks.

ed dibbles:
I go a little further than you - eight miles. The nearest allotment site to me is about a mile away but has only been open three years and as I have been on my current site over twenty years I won't be changing now after all the work I've put in.

Attendance is as often as the weather allows so that is five to six days in the season when the weather is nice fewer in the winter when more days are wet but I go all times of the year. Since I have four plots to look after I need to spend the time tending them - mornings only though. (those mornings can begin at 6.30 in summer :sunny:)

It is such an idyllic spot - nice and quiet. It really helps me think! - and plan. :happy7:

ACE:
About two and a half miles. There is one nearer where I used to have a plot years ago, but being away nearly every spring and summer working at flower shows I gave it up. Ride to it every day for a couple of hours in the summer before breakfast and three time a week weather permitting this time of year.

Beersmith:
Distance? I am not absolutely sure. But at a steady pace and without hurrying I can walk to it in about fifteen minutes. So my best estimate would be three quarters of a mile. I walk whenever possible, but use the car when there is anything heavy to take or bring away. I suppose I could have clocked it using the car odometer, but have never bothered.

Visits? In the growing season most often three, sometimes four. Usually one devoted to harvesting, with a couple of longer working days, perhaps 10am until 4pm when the weather allows.

brownthumb2:
 I live about 6 miles from mine and visit every day weather permitting ( retired last year )   now this time of year just twice a week to check on things and  to get produce   eg leeks swede  celery and chard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version