General > News

Eating up.

<< < (2/2)

cudsey:
Still got leeks and parsnips in hope they are ok because not been to allotment all week been too much rain

ancellsfarmer:
Currently available here:
Spuds
Carrots
Onions
Shallots
Garlic
Leeks
Turnips
Parsnips
Winter Radish
Lettuce
Endive
Lambs lettuce
Miners lettuce
Land cress
Rocket
Mitzuna
Chard
Spinach
Celeriac
Swede
Savoy cabbage
Kale-3 varieties
Beetroot
Cauliflower-last few
Squash
Dried beans, soup peas
For later:
Brussels, psb, curly kale, spring cabbage
Celery -soup quality

OldBob:
That's am impressive list Ancells, well done!

pumkinlover:
Beetroot
Cabbage
Pepper
Squash
Brussels
Kale
Tomatoes (bottled)
Apples
Garlic and a few onions
Very low potato stocks, must grow more next year

All the fruit is in the freezer.

galina:
Lots of bottled tomatoes and at least 20 bags frozen, also peas and beans.  We are still on the defective potatoes for quick eating or too small to store, but soon the first stored box will be opened, certainly for celebration roasties.  Have started on the not so well storing squashes (the pepo squashes) but had one maxima squash with a soft spot which had to be used up.  Onions and garlics still storing, also apples.  Turnips are nice and have fattened up globes which is good as I sowed very late.  Lots of red mustard, cress, lettuce and a bit more coriander and endive under cloches.  A few salsify but more celeriacs to come.  Carrots I would love to grow but usually fail, there are never any to store.  Lots of kales, especially the perennial ones.  This morning I harvested the last outdoor grapes, for once we had sweet grapes thanks to the hot summer.  Plenty of leeks and parsnips to come too. 

I exchanged the greenhouse soil by swapping it with the front of the large growing area in the garden and that has given me a bonus harvest.  I usually broadcast lettuce and lambs lettuce seeds in the greenhouse and they pop up when they feel like it in early spring.  Well the swapped soil grew beans, for crop rotation, which have long gone, but dozens of lambs lettuces have now sprung up from dormant seeds.  That will make a nice garnish for the Christmas starters.   And they survive winter without protection too if any are left.  Lots of chard too. 

The big failure was rocket for overwintering this autumn.  First sowing was demolished by flea beetles, second by pest unknown, who ate it down to stumps.  Third sowing in greenhouse has not come up yet.  Can't win them all  :sunny:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version