Author Topic: Lets have a winter argument.  (Read 4946 times)

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
Re: Lets have a winter argument.
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2018, 17:33:21 »
I can't remember the last time public transport other than trains suited my needs altho I did enjoy using the tram in Bordeaux this summer on a 3 day excursion with my daughter.

Last year, our dance clance on Thursday was moved half an hour forward.   You cannot imagine our amazement at seeing our first local bus!    It seems there's one passing thru the village at 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30 pm.  Presumably something similar in the am.   However, the nearest stop is still 5kms away and it doesn't go where I want to be at the hours I usually need to go somewhere.......
Obxx - Vendée France

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
Re: Lets have a winter argument.
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2018, 19:16:47 »
Cars with nobody in but the driver - where decent public transport is available. Sitting & fuming in jams of their own making.

I know some will be carrying stuff where it's needed, but I get the impression that most of the time the car is just a powered wheelchair for the able-bodied (who are probably digging their own grave by using those pedals instead of a bike).

I can see why you wouldn't want to waste your own energy when going to do something physically demanding - but don't start me on the "types" who drive to the gym etc... Ten minutes less on foot and ten minutes more on the treadmill - how does that make it worth burning fuel?

:BangHead:
Long held the view that rather than waste electricity driving a running belt, it would be more sustainable to run a treadmill, just like the hamsters' and generate the stuff. Excellent working demonstration mill in Bodmin Gaol.
Just like to see every sports hall,detention centre and secondary school equipped thus, available for use all day and night, for recreation and punishment.
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal