Author Topic: that time of year  (Read 3251 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
that time of year
« on: November 30, 2018, 17:55:33 »
well its xmas time again and clacton and district allotment ass. christmas drink is on sat. 1st dec 2018 at the plough grt. clacton north rd. @4pm all welcome if your in the area pop along and say hello bar snacks provided and this year we are having a homemade preserve day so plot holders can try what other plot holders have made and swap recipes im taking carolina reaper jam and beetroot chutney  so let be one of the first to wish a4a members a fantastic merry christmas and a bountiful new year!!! :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :drunken_smilie: :sunny:
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
Re: that time of year
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 14:56:05 »
it was another fantastic night thanks to all thosewho attended and to mo and archie for thier super hospitality

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 15:53:52 »
Pleased to hear you had a good do!

It is ours on Saturday(8th) so far as I can gather there are around a couple of dozen of us going!

Its a 3 course dinner at our local golf club.

Will break the news to them all that I will be leaving the plots at the end of the month.

As I rarely see most of them during the week it will be nice to tell them myself face to face rather than just disappear.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 07:00:48 »
Glad that a good time was had by all and thankyou to the invite for us on A4A.  Pity the sunshine coast is such a distance away Johnny.  TeeGee that dinner will be another bittersweet goodbye for you, but I hope you will enjoy it all the same.  :wave:

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 13:42:51 »
thought id get the shed into the xmas spirit

lavenderlux

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 17:45:29 »
We have our field Christmas gathering this Saturday 8 Dec in our allotment community building;  it was opened in December 2009 with a Christmas gathering which proved so popular we've continued it every December since - so this is our 10th event!
We usually get around 60 plus plot holders and families attending for mulled wine or non alco winter spiced berry punch, hot dogs, mincepies and cupcakes, so this afternoon I've made a start on making the mincepies, but I'll need to make some more later in the week along with the cupcakes!
So wishing you all - good allotmenting in 2019

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal