Allotment Stuff > The Basics

brainstorming for pest control

(1/4) > >>

rhock:
Hello, my name is Rudolph Hock and I think I might qualify as an amateur, which is why I'm here.

I'm looking for inspiration for a game I would like to make myself, my first. At the moment I would like to frame it around the idea of keeping pests out of the garden to protect the vegetables that are to be included in a competition.

Something simple and fun, and I was hoping to talk with folk that have some funny stories they wouldn't mind sharing about what goes on in an allotment, or gardening in general.

So if anybody has some funny stories please let me know, it's all brainstorming right now..

rhock:
If anybody has ever grown Purple Sprouting Broccoli could you please let me know which nautical reference works best for it? I read that it doesn't need too much water, which for summer produce is odd to me, but the sun must play an important role.

pumkinlover:
Here in the UK purple sprouting is normally a late spring / early summer crop so usually plenty of water!

Tee Gee:
Add to that; all Brassicas do better in a sunny spot.

Obelixx:
Watering aside, you need to look at companion planting and using flowering plants such as nasturtiums to attract aphids away from crops or interplanting with leeks/onions/garlic so their strong smell confuses pests and also using plants such as marigolds to deter white fly.  Loads of info if you google well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version