Produce > Pests & Diseases

Getting bitten

(1/2) > >>

OldBob:
I seem to get bitten when working near the rear of my lottie, mostly mozzie bites at dusk, but once by a horsefly, so in summer avoided working there then. It is overshadowed by a tall Leylandii or similar. This last week or so, just when I thought it was safe to go back, started to sort out the stuff behind my shed, sited under the overhang from the tree. Bitten again, mozzie hites on my calves and thighs. they must have flown up my trouser legs and one horsefly bite just above my belt line. Can't work out how it managed it, tight belt,  t-shirt tucked under jeans, jumper over jeans and jacket over that. I thought the biting things would be dormant by now, obviously not. considering safety precautions. (bike clips, DEET, citronella candles) Any further tips gratefully received.

cambourne7:
Could it be ants?

cambourne7:
See if you can get sticky traps (pest control will have them) and see if you can catch a few

peanuts:
Are you sure it is happening at the allotment?  And not during the night when you are in bed with insects  coming in through the open window. But we only discover the bites during the following day .

pumkinlover:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trombiculosis

I get what I think are chigger bites in the summer, though  not usually at this time of year.  They don't start to itch until the next day usually.
Ant bites hurt at the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version