Author Topic: Beginning of a new era  (Read 2421 times)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Beginning of a new era
« on: November 27, 2018, 12:24:23 »
In my previous post I said;

As one Door closes another Opens

Well I have had a peek in the other doorway and I am pleased to say so far my plans seem to be working!

You may recall the post I placed last month detailing ways on how I am am going to grow stuff and I started with my Garlic.
https://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,82113.0.html

Well I am pleased to say it seems to be working!

When I had a look this morning this is what I saw:

Not one of my better photos but I think you will be able to see that my Garlic has now emerged.

On seeing this I thought I would let you see my preparations for "The New Era"

I think I mentioned before that I was going to grow my Strawberries in 5" pots placed in the flower border, well I am pleased to see that my Strawberry plants which are in a sheltered spot outdoors have decided to throw out new growth which is encouraging;

While I was out with my camera I thought I would take a few more "Progress Photos"

This is how I will be growing my Salad Crops as you can see here I still have some Lettuce on the go so hopefully we won't have to buy very expensive heads around Xmas;

This is the inside of my 10ft x 8ft Heated Greenhouse at the moment:

The tray on the hotbed is the few 'bits & bobs' I fetched up from the allotment yesterday and haven't got round to sorting them out yet.

This is how the 8ft x 6ft unheated Greenhouse looks like at the moment and again there is sign of new growth on many of the plants I may need to fill in the gaps between whatever veg I decide to grow next year.

Even my Chrysant stools are starting up which is a bit concerning as I would normally expect this to happen around February time. It begs the question ;

What can we expect in terms of weather in 2019?

For example will we get another visit from the "Beast from the East"?

I guess only time will tell, but I guess choose what we get I will still have to be on my toes despite not having an allotment!

"Bring it on"!

....and finally: This is how part of my back garden  looks this morning;

As you can see at the back the 'Herbaceous Border' is fairly  empty just awaiting for the flower & veg plants I will be putting in there when I decide what I am going to grow.

You can also see a few gaps in my Shrubbery which will be taken care of with plants that are currently in my 8' x 6' greenhouse.

So now you are all in the picture and you can see that I am now ready to go into my annual " Gardening Hibernation Period"

Here it will be indoor gardening as I prepare to re-write my website!

...as I said in my previous post;

I have quite a few plans in mind that should fill my time but only " Time will Tell"
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 12:28:09 by Tee Gee »

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Beginning of a new era
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 20:14:50 »
Its all looking good.  I am sure you will find plenty to fill your time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal