Author Topic: new season  (Read 1368 times)

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
new season
« on: November 25, 2018, 13:03:36 »
well its hear the new growing season i was getting a little worried that my elephant garlic was a no show however today the first shoots have started to appear fingers crossed by the end of the week the two rows will be through with no misses i get all excited about a new season and the promise of what lies ahead i know its not even december yet but my tummy still goes over thats why once the gyo bug bites the whole of your life takes on a new hue i love it
johhnyc015  may the plot be with you

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
Re: new season
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 20:03:39 »
I agree with everything you’ve said! I still get excited when I’ve made compost🤣🤣🤣😂😂....who’d have thought 😐
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

Vinlander

• Hectare
  • North London - heavy but fertile clay
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 14:29:28 »
It must be warm where you are - I can't remember how my original elephant garlic sprouted but I'm still growing the same plants and they die back in November here and don't reappear for some time - which is good sense...

I try to split them while they are dormant but there are always plenty of clumps I forget - they will go on to produce smaller cloves next winter and sometimes (on my clay soil) small cloves planted out develop into a single huge clove - I'm numerate and literate but not very ball-ate - I'd still say some are pretty close to snooker ball size. Quite impressive roasted whole.

Cheers.
With a microholding you always get too much or bugger-all. (I'm fed up calling it an allotment garden - it just encourages the tidy-police).

The simple/complex split is more & more important: Simple fertilisers Poor, complex ones Good. Simple (old) poisons predictable, others (new) the opposite.

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 21:25:08 »
we have had alot of rain forecast for the next two days so wont be to the plots until friday will try and take a couple of pics

johhnyco15

• Hectare
  • clacton-on-sea
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 14:04:25 »
the garlic is now romping away

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 17:33:04 »
and the Seed Library catalogue has arrived...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal