Author Topic: leggy seedlings  (Read 2076 times)

janebb

• Quarter Acre
leggy seedlings
« on: April 14, 2005, 22:09:09 »
I have some quite leggy cauliflower seedlings in pots.  Is it okay to replant them deeper?  What about other seedlings - which are you able to replant deeper and which not?

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
Re: leggy seedlings
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 23:14:01 »
Most things you can plant with the lowest leaf level with the soil

Simon05

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 23:37:50 »
mine went leggy, potted them deeper, they are now ready for going in the lottie next week

janebb

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 09:53:55 »
Thank you.

Glad I don't have to bin them

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 10:16:41 »
One of my red alert toms had germinated yesterday morning, and had about half an inch of growth above the pot. Left it in the warm, but not terribly sunny spot on the floor by the airing cuboard to help the rest of the tray germinate and in the evening the little blighter had shot up to around an inch and a halr! In one day! I shal be potting him on deeper  :)
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

quinny

• Quarter Acre
    • http://sitebuilder.wanadoo.co.uk/servlets/creat_frame?mode=modifsite&site=allaboutquinn
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 17:26:57 »
Can I do this with chillies?  Do I put them in individual pots and cover up to the two leaves at the top?  They're about 1 inch just now - the toms are going that way also...  ???

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 17:49:57 »
Yes, that will be fine, Quinny.

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

quinny

• Quarter Acre
    • http://sitebuilder.wanadoo.co.uk/servlets/creat_frame?mode=modifsite&site=allaboutquinn
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2005, 18:06:59 »
Thanks Georgie - that's the first job for tomorrow morning once I get my potting compost!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 18:11:27 »
Good luck with them, I love growing chillis.  But what's the betting you come back with a lot more than potting compost when you go to the garden centre tomorrow?  ;)

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal