Author Topic: Harrumph!  (Read 1540 times)

gray1720

• Hectare
Harrumph!
« on: November 03, 2018, 17:46:38 »
Our allotment has just 400 "trees" (about 8" high at the biggest) delivered to plant a hedge as a wind break. THREE of us turned up to plant the things - we got half of them done in three and a half hours, but where the flip was everyone who said they'd help? The half of my plot that is always a bugger to dig is *perfect* right now - just right, digs like a dream - and I'm planting trees because no other bugger has turned up!

Rant over.

Adrian
My garden is smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum!

Pescador

• Hectare
Re: Harrumph!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 18:19:56 »
And you can be sur that at least some of those who didn't turn up will whinge about the job you've done!!
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 20:04:26 »
Welll done you and the others who bothered and a pox on the other b*ggers.  If anyone does make adverse coments tell them politely where to shove it cos they had their chance to influence how it was done but abstained by being absent.
Obxx - Vendée France

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 07:56:41 »
As the others have said! In the most polite terms of course  :tongue3:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 08:26:20 »
If you are on the committee it is your own fault, no sympathy here, but if you were a volunteer, it is still your own fault with a little bit of sympathy:tongue3:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 08:28:33 by ACE »

gray1720

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 13:44:48 »
*blows raspberry at Ace*

I am not now nor ever have been on the committee - in fact, I can't remember the last committee I was on. So I appreciate the sympathy, thnk you.

Adrian

gray1720

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 21:54:16 »
Well, a similar number of people turned out today (whilst I resolutely dug my own plot), and got the job done. So my first half-plot is 2/3 dug, and the windbreak is planted. A result all round.

I'm just sulking because they thought of me first when they wanted wind breaking.
 :sign19:

Adrian

(the purple sperm has zero relevance. I just like the idea of having a purple sperm in the smileys)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 06:38:28 »

(the purple sperm has zero relevance. I just like the idea of having a purple sperm in the smileys)

There I told you all didn't I, nothing remotely  to do with being a banker. I mean he did volunteer.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal