Author Topic: snow  (Read 2814 times)

ACE

• Hectare
snow
« on: November 21, 2018, 08:57:37 »
Now what's going on. Snow here last night, unheard of. Winter is two months early. It is so rare here that when my son was three years old I got him a sledge, he never got to use it until he was eleven, then only for a couple of hours. Gritters out on the roads, it used to be a bloke with a wheelbarrow full doing a slope up on a high hill. We might as well get joined up to the north island if we have got to share your rotten weather. I did not go out yesterday as it was  colder than a summers day in Scotland.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: snow
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 09:40:51 »
Bloody freezing in London and plenty of wet stuff but no snow.  Got very wet on the bike and avoided the plot.
Time to light the fire and hunker down till March!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 16:20:14 »
Just 2 degrees this morning at 6 o'clock. Been cold all day and now at 16.20 it's down to 4 with a clear sky. I think it's going to be even colder tonight, which means another day in the kitchen tomorrow!
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 07:38:47 »
2 degrees again this morning. Everything is white outside but with frost not snow!
Every pickle helps!

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 12:49:59 »
The temperature has now rocketed to 4C. !!!  I might have to get the air-conditioning out!
Every pickle helps!

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 14:54:45 »
You do live in a balmy part of the country Pescador.  -2.7C last night here and still very damp, grey and cold. :wave:

davholla

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 15:25:16 »
Now what's going on. Snow here last night, unheard of. Winter is two months early. It is so rare here that when my son was three years old I got him a sledge, he never got to use it until he was eleven, then only for a couple of hours. Gritters out on the roads, it used to be a bloke with a wheelbarrow full doing a slope up on a high hill. We might as well get joined up to the north island if we have got to share your rotten weather. I did not go out yesterday as it was  colder than a summers day in Scotland.

Where do you live?  Is it the Isle of Wight?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal