Author Topic: bad back  (Read 5188 times)

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
Re: bad back
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2005, 08:49:39 »
it is my husband who has hurt his back - simply because he cant wait and wants to do everything so quick!!!!!!

he wont listen to anything i say is STOP WHEN YOU BACK HURTS or SLOW DOWN

so he doesnt get any sympathy

i do very little digging - as i fractured my spine and it really really hurts

helen

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2005, 12:46:01 »
Blimey what a lot of crocks we all are  ;D ;D ;D  Fractured spine, dodgy knees, crepey hips.  Is this gardening lark all it's cracked up to be?

Plays havoc with my nails too  ;)
I came, I saw, I composted

mitzzy

• Quarter Acre
  • Organic goddess
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2005, 13:16:08 »
I can only dig for short spells but this is due to my Asthma rather than my back. I find digging really relaxing and I  could so easly lose track of time . I  do a little digging then do something else so I don't become breathless.

Hope you get him to slow down  . Digging party sounds a good idea :)

still very cold here In Scotland but I am getting my allotment in to shape   ;D

Mags
new allotment owner excuse my ignorance !

fat larry

• Half Acre
    • Save the plot
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2005, 14:13:54 »
i've had bad backs for years, and took up yoga after our son was born six years ago as lifting him then nearly did for me. i do it every day for 5mins in the morning at least, and my back, despite the odd twinges, has never been so good for so long.

famous last words. but I fully support yoga as a great exercise.
there is something called the cobra for bad backs, which is worth checking out. you can also lie flat on floor tummy down, doingnothing. very relaxing,

Check out a dorling kindersely book on yoga, great stuff, it all gets easier the more you do it.
and sit up straight!!!
I will finish it, one day

wivvles

• Half Acre
  • This week I 'ave mostly been digging...
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2005, 15:01:22 »
I can only dig for short spells but this is due to my Asthma rather than my back. I find digging really relaxing and I  could so easly lose track of time . I  do a little digging then do something else so I don't become breathless.
Mitzi - I also suffer from asthma, but have found that losing weight and regular exercise (ie digging) has helped.  Not that I'm suggesting that you need to lose weight of course!!!!

The other thing that has helped my asthma (and back, come to think of it) is Tai Chi, particularly the XiGong breathing exercises that we do as part of it. Very relaxing and therapeutic.  I haven't quite got to the stage of doing Tai Chi at my allotment before I start digging, but it can't be far away.... ;D
Nagaraeba
Mata kono goro ya
Shinobaremu
Ushi to mishi yo zo
Ima wa koishi

mitzzy

• Quarter Acre
  • Organic goddess
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2005, 17:19:09 »
I lost 5st nearly 2 years ago and boy did my asthma improve .Stopped having daily attacks !

I reckon the alloment will help keep me in my size 10 jeans as well as fresh veggies  ;D

Tai chi would be good but i reckon if i did in to my allotment  I would get stange looks

Mags

:-\
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 17:21:14 by mitzzy »
new allotment owner excuse my ignorance !

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2005, 22:20:16 »
thanks my back is a lot beter and well i hope i went to the lottie today and well it was raining so i did not get any digging done and well i did a bit off sorting out and well i feal a lot better and i have been streching before i do anything and thanxs for your care
you make me feel that i am not alone with my back

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2005, 18:45:12 »
i am going to take it easy and well i have over done it AGAIN and well it hurts >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal