Author Topic: Wish me luck  (Read 2452 times)

lezelle

• Acre
Wish me luck
« on: October 15, 2018, 09:53:26 »
Hi Ya, Wish me luck as I am in hospital tomorrow for a stent fitting to my aorta artery due to an aneurysm. Will be in a couple of days but I am a little concerned and treating the subject with some trepidation in spite of the confidence and great way the staff are conversing. Well fingers crossed.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Wish me luck
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 11:06:38 »
Will be thinking of you. It's amazing what they can do these days and sounds like you will be in good hands,  :sunny: :wave:
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 12:53:12 »
Wish you all the best and hope you get through it fine, Lezelle.  Let us know how it went.  Being anxious before any operation is only natural.  Trust the medics and fast recovery.  :wave:

small

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 15:26:03 »
All the best Lezelle. I know several people who've had this done, they've all been absolutely fine afterwards, it's catching it in time that seems to matter. Fair enough to be nervous, though, let us know when you are out and about again.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 19:05:49 »
Good luck! Looking forward to hearing you're up and about again soon!

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 20:20:43 »
Lezelle, I've had a few  arterial procedures done, no probs. Don't worry, relax and let them get on with what there good at. You'll be fine!
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

pumkinlover

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 08:16:50 »
Best of luck, it is good that it has been detected so can be treated.
Hope you back on the garden soon. :wave: in the mean time have a nice  :coffee2:
Expect you have the wonderful stockings on by now!

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 09:15:53 »
Best of luck for a successful surgery and a rapid and complete recovery.   
Obxx - Vendée France

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 07:25:48 »
How are you doing now, Lezelle? 

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 15:21:36 »
I hope everything went well for you, Lezelle and that you are now on the road to recovery. 

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2018, 08:52:22 »
Hi Ya, Well I am moving slowly. The programme did no go according to plan. The operation was delayed and when it took place what should of been 2 hours took over 3.5. Trust me to be awkward. The surgeon was on hand when they brought me round and told me it was a very difficult time. Thanks to their skill I a here. A couple of days in intensive care then on to the ward. I have been home a couple of days and am lazing around dur to extra cuts. It feels like my insides have been trampled on by a herd of cattle. I have 4/5 weeks before I see the consultant again so giving me that length of time points to a difficult time and giving me time to really settle. I am not the best patient as I am used to being on the go and swmbo keeps giving grief so I am holding back and being lazy. Hope fully I will be able to visit the lottie at the weekend. Still I'm on the mend hopefully. Thanks to all for you concern.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2018, 10:15:39 »
Glad you've survived!   It's hard when you're an active person but it really does pay to spend a few short (tho seemingly interminable) weeks being idle and resting properly.  Give your body time to recover from both teh anaesthetic and the surgery and then do as they say regarding physio.  It will pay dividends.

Good luck.
Obxx - Vendée France

Plot 18

• Acre
  • Plot in Mid-Kent
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 11:08:03 »
Try to rest up as much as you can, it is important to do so. I had an aneurysm in my head clipped, it really knocks you sideways.

Take care of yourself and eventually you'll feel better, rushing back to normal really isn't what your body needs right now.

pumkinlover

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 13:32:42 »
So glad to hear that you are home and ok.
Hope that you are recovering well now.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 13:40:23 »
Yes hope you are getting over the op by now Lezelle and getting stronger.  Visiting the allotment in the sunshine without putting recovery in danger, should be on prescription as it will surely make you feel better too. 

How are things now with you?   

:sunny:

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2018, 12:25:38 »
Hi Ya, been told to take it easy. I invested in a fitwatch just before and felt ok so went for walk. 4,000 steps later and I know I am carrying an injury. Not so much painful but post op where they had me on some sort of rig to allow better access I felt in my buttox, my thighs, hips and it took time to get into a comfortable position. I also sparked a problem and I'm on anti biotics. My GP gave me a good lecture in that I have had a very big op that did not go to plan hence the 6" wound in my thigh so sit around and take it a little at a time. It has certainly made me listen and along with the back ache from jus standing and shortness of breath I am taking it well easy I promise. Its difficult when you have been used to getting about but they know best and I will heal quicker if I lie low for a while. I have had a couple of visits with SWMBO who seems to enjoy bossing me about and pulled some carrots and did a bit of weeding with a hoe. It did surprise me how it takes it out of you when you have been ill. One thing it came at the right time of year when everything is pretty well on hold. Though this weather has the weeds growing like mad. I will get there so keep posting as I di read a lot and I'm getting good at some computor games LOL. Take care all

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2018, 12:41:50 »
Good decision to take it easy now you know how easy it is to set yourself back.  Think of the long haul.   Do some reading, watch TV, take up knitting or something to keep you busy but quiet.  research new crops and techniques to try next spring but most of all, be sensible so you're there next spring and fit and well and raring to go.  Pace yourself.

Good luck.
Obxx - Vendée France

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2018, 13:57:37 »
As Obelixx said, research some new crops.  Yes indeed, now is the perfect time to send off for seed catalogues and study them all.  That should keep you out of mischief for a week or three  :tongue3:

Get better steadily, that Fitwatch will keep until spring   :sunny:

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 11:14:37 »
Hi Ya, Well I am on the mend but away to go. I am walking short distances. If the left side was like the right I would be on the plot now. The left is still sore but getting better. Done the seed thing and did the neighbours list as well. I have been watching some gardening vids that were made years ago, amusing for a while, got more up to date ones  on putor to watch. Read books and magazines and looked at new seeds to try. Still I am moving so can't complain just need time and don't over do it. Happy Days

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal