General > News

Rain yesterday but not enough

<< < (2/3) > >>

Plot69:
We had rain most of the day Saturday. But it hadn't even made it past the top layer of manure and the ground underneath was still dry.

ancellsfarmer:
Enough for this weekend-36mm Fri-Mon. (Crondall)
Some more in a few days please.

lezelle:
Hi Ya, We had rain and it measured .75" on my gauge. A fair drop after a long time without. I was surprised how dry the ground was when I worked it and O wonder if this was enough to penetrate very far.

Tee Gee:

--- Quote ---wonder if this was enough to penetrate very far.
--- End quote ---

Doubt it!

I have been moving quite a few shrubs in the past couple of weeks and the soil at the base of all the plants I moved were snuff dry.

When transplanting I have found that when I have dug the hole I found the same conditions.

What I did before transplanting was to pour a 2 gallon can full  of water into the hole and let it soak in to the soil below.

Then I backfilled with moist well rotted manure and on completion poured another two gallons of water around each plant.

The plants don't seem to be sulking like I have seen at other times when I have carried out transplants! In  fact if anything I think they have perked up now that the rootball has had a good soaking!

So fingers crossed I hope my transplanting will be a success, must say I am quietly optimistic!

cambourne7:
Over 2 inches of water in a bucket by patio door feeling glad i have not topped up the fish pond :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version