General > News

Rain yesterday but not enough

(1/3) > >>

Digeroo:
We had seven hours of rain yesterday mostly rather light.  My yoghurt pot rain gauge has only a cm (less than 1/2) inch in it.  So I took the opportunity to plant out some chitted wizard beans,  to find the soil was dry as a bone only four inches down.  And I had watered the area the day before to prepare for the beans.

Meanwhile with plummeting temperature we will have another frost.   Though all the water about the place might prevent that.

nodig:
When it was my turn to be rain guage monitor at school  there was little or no rainfall at all in the guage that week so I added about an inch or two of water from the tap and recorded that - I thought 0.1mm was a bit boring and difficult to measure anyway.  My teacher was very angry when someone split on me, I didn't really understand why he was so angry over a couple of inches of water. 

Obelixx:
Doh!  Science - record, observe, theorise, observe, record.  Adding water is cheating and invalidates everything that went before.

10.1 mm yesterday, just enough to make the trees drip and wet the windows but everything else is bone dray, especially after the winds we've had today.

ancellsfarmer:
I was happy to receive just 10mm, and will be happier if it becomes daily, not weekly. Just let it come at night.

lezelle:
Hi Ya, We had rain and it measured .3" on the rain gauge. Yesterday I lifted my spent sweet corn plant and was surprised that as you have said the top few mils was wet but it was so dry further down. We need a good spot of rain to really soak in but be carefull what we wish for as once it starts it won't know when to stop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version