Produce > Pests & Diseases

Borage.

(1/2) > >>

ACE:
Anybody that plants borage on an allotment should be banned for life from any allotments. Or given a plot full of mares tail. Every little bit of root starts throwing up another plant and the black bits of root are like mares tail so you cannot see them when digging  until it is too late and they have started shooting again. I am glad I did not rotovate, just digging the stuff up has given me 20 plants for each one dug out. No I do not want buckets of slimey, stinkey shite to use as fertiliser so don't suggest it. They say you can cook it, where's my flame thrower?

Beersmith:
Ace,

I will freely admit that I don't always agree with some of your comments, but, my word, I will defend to the hilt your right to say them.

Your direct, irreverent, take no prisoners style is without equal on the site. They always make me smile, and reminds me not to always take things too seriously. Never change.

My advice - Take off and nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure!

caroline7758:
They do have lovely flowers, though- think how many vats of Pimms you could decorate! ;)
And good for composting?

gazza1960:

Good, more for me..................... :wave:

ancellsfarmer:
My bees seem to disagree with you, they love them : and help them set seed..............

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version