Author Topic: bonfire  (Read 1187 times)

ACE

• Hectare
bonfire
« on: September 25, 2018, 12:46:37 »
With the dry weather all summer the rubbish has been mounting up and we stopped all fires on the site for the summer as it would have been reckless to have one. Having cleared two plots for reletting and my new one which had so much junk it was like Steptoe's yard. I piled it up on the furthest plot ready for a dry day and an east wind. We have a rule which is not to have a fire if the smoke goes west into the nearby houses. Everything fell into place today and 3 hours of burning has cleared all the junk. Got really hot and singed my beard but I love a good bonfire.

nodig

• Half Acre
Re: bonfire
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 13:16:49 »
I got kicked off my plot for having my once a year bonfire on 4th Nov because a neighbour complained.  I broke the rules apparently - you musn't cause a nuisance or annoyance to fellow plot holders or neighbouring households.  Apparently a one off smoke event even on 4th November is deemed sufficient to end a tenancy.

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 14:34:57 »
We can have a bonfire on 5th of Nov OR  on the same saturday as the Municiple Town Bonfire. Otherwise no bonfires. However: We can also have barbeques. I know of several plotholders who have barbecues and throw on handfuls of weeds when they can.
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 16:02:34 »
Seems like some of you have regulations made by tree hugging committees, smoke banned, weed killer banned, slug pellets banned, and a risk assessment on using a trowel without the full safety gear. We have a system that works like if it is going to annoy someone don't do it. Just warn them in advance and if they still object tell them to go and procreate with themselves.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal