Allotment Stuff > Locations and Sites

Reintroduction.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Beersmith:

--- Quote from: caroline7758 on September 23, 2018, 17:21:56 ---Lucky you! Enjoy your return to allotmenteering!

--- End quote ---

Seconded!!!

galina:
Welcome back Plot69!  What is the new plot number?  Moving to a different place is quite exciting.  Is the soil easy to work?  The new allotment site sounds very good indeed and I hope you will soon have a nice community going there.

The month by month pictures will be interesting.  :wave:

pumkinlover:
What a wonderful situation, best wishes for your new plot! Nice to see you posting again.

daveyboi:
Welcome back Plot69
As a matter of interest did you get any Kiwi fruit in the end?

Plot69:
Thank you everyone. I did ask if there was a plot 69 and there was but it was a half plot not a full one. So plot 26 it is from now on. Soil is very easy digging and there's a story behind that. All the old chaps who got evicted from the previous site obviously got first choice of plots. They all chose to be together in the very first row by the gate and it's like concrete. I was told I'd need a pick axe. Anyway, long story short, I started digging and it was like butter. One of the old chaps on a plot by the gate stood watching me from a distance and then made his way over to me, took my fork and had a few digs with it, and wandered off muttering Monty Python quotes under his breath about how lucky I was. He was great about it, envious but very friendly. It seems they made the wrong choice. Not that I'm offering to swap or anything.

And no I didn't get my Kiwi to fruit, don't think I had enough time before we moved. Neither have I managed to find a copy of the BBC series The Big Dig with Simon Mayo. Still looking for that bit no joy. I will say one thing, all this digging was a lot easier when I was in my 30's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version