Allotment Stuff > Locations and Sites

Reintroduction.

(1/4) > >>

Plot69:
I think I should reintroduce myself. I've been a member of this forum since 2007 but it's been a long while since I was on here. Due to moving house to a different county I've been plotless for 6 years. We now have a large garden and the very first thing I did within a month of moving was to erect a 35x12 polly tunnel. The garden isn't great for growing veg so it's full of fruit trees, chickens and my bee hives.

I put my name down for an allotment but was told the site was earmarked for housing and was being relocated. Anyway, long story short, the local parish council acquired a previously arable field from a local farmer and created a brand new allotment site just a couple of hundred yards across the road from the original site, a 5 minute walk from my home. So I am now the proud tenant of virgin plot of land on a brand new site. Because it was previously arable and apart from the odd thistle or two along the edge it's been ploughed, tilled, prepared and is totally weed free. A far cry from my first two plots. All I have to do is mark out the beds and paths and then plant it. There's going to be a toilet block, kitchen and cooking facilities, lockers and a full CCTV sytem. Oh, and for some reason the first two years are rent free. Can't wait to get started.

Digeroo:
Sounds great.  I started on a new site.  It does not take  long for the weeds to get going.

I like the sound of a cctv system.  And toilets.

Tee Gee:
Welcome back Plot!

A big garden and a new allotment, you are going to be busy.

I am cutting back from a similar position you are now in as I have had two allotments for nigh on thirty years and I am retiring from them at the end of the year to just concentrate on my garden.

Best of luck with your new venture!

Plot69:
Thank you both, two names I recognise. I used to have two 10 rod plots but this one is only 7.5 rod but it'll be enough for me. It's taken me 6 years to get the garden into shape. Tried growing veg for a couple of years but didn't have much luck, that's why I applied for a plot. I've taken an aerial video of the plot as it is now before I start it. Going to take another exactly the same every month until I have a 12 month aerial timelapse of it's progress through the year. Should be interesting.

And I bought myself a new Burgon and Ball heavy duty fork. As pristine as the plot is I'm sure there's got to be some digging involved.

caroline7758:
Lucky you! Enjoy your return to allotmenteering!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version