Author Topic: New A4A Photo Competition  (Read 14160 times)

DrJohnH

• Half Acre
Re: New A4A Photo Competition
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 20:06:09 »
All valid points TeeGee!  Seems fair enough to me.  But to add- if sufficient entries, it would be nice to have 1st, 2nd, 3rd rather than just a winner though- so those of us with less experience can see how we fared if we came close ;-)

Dr John
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 20:17:28 by DrJohnH »

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 09:47:47 »

In  any form of competition I prefer to remain anonymous until the results are issued but don't know about the others perhaps they could let us know their thoughts!

The reasons I posted who has submitted is in the past I found that the odd entry hadn't been received . Also I thought it might encourage others to join in.

Another thing I prefer to do is only enter one exhibit in any class as too often I have seen too many people put more than one entry in a class only to try and win points to get most points in the show. I once saw an exhibitor win most points in a show yet did not register a win in any class!

OK in this competition this this will not apply unless we go ahead and allow more than one entry, and as I have said previously I don't mind in this case!

I agree and luckily we do not need to do this now as we have a reasonable number of entries.

The next thing I am expecting is people asking for more than one vote (as has happened in the past) which personally I don't like. As I see it there can only be one winner!

In the past I have always placed one entry, voted once, and never voted for my own photo.

However I will go along with the majority what ever we decide here, after all this exercise / competition is just for a bit of fun, but as always people who enter always want to win (myself included) so lets see how this first batch of photos fair, then we can look to see if we need any rule changes.

I agree in principal and I am the guilty one for introducing the more than one vote when we were getting 12 to 14 entries as it was so hard to choose who to vote for at times . This time back to one vote only with the fewer entries

Hope these comments do not offend anyone as this is the last thing I want to do!....Tg

Fine with me

All valid points TeeGee!  Seems fair enough to me.  But to add- if sufficient entries, it would be nice to have 1st, 2nd, 3rd rather than just a winner though- so those of us with less experience can see how we fared if we came close ;-)

Dr John

We always show how many votes each entry received and who submitted each entry in order from winner to last. :toothy10: :toothy10:

And the winner gets to choose the subject for the next competition
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 09:53:18 by daveyboi »
Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

daveyboi

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 19:01:39 »
Having received a couple more entries I will close the entry phase tomorrow evening

So please if you wish to enter submit your entry as soon as possible

Thanks
Daveyboi

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2018, 21:08:57 »
I love the photo comps. Have got alovely friendly spider in my bath, but main  computer needs money to repair, so as an old age idiot cant
Post photos from tablet, so no photos of beautiful cat or allotment at present. I expect u will say thank heavens. Look forward 2 seeing the pictures.

pumkinlover

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2018, 21:06:03 »
Despite a technology melt down with the camera and a camera shy subject at last an email has winged it's way to Daveboi. Thank you for organising the competition.

daveyboi

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2018, 18:04:05 »
Will close for entries in a hour

Voting will start soon after

Thank you all for the entries
Daveyboi