Author Topic: Where is everyone?  (Read 2806 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Re: Where is everyone?
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 23:43:36 »
and yes saying hi from a windy East Dorset........sorry my contribution isn't growing wise as a 30yd square bit of dirt doesn't exactly full ya boots......but enjoy what little bit we do grow in the garden........guess ill just have to stick to Kitchen fun.... :wave:

Gazza

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 00:30:47 »
I'm still around! My sweet corn was rubbish this year. 20 Swift plants produced only half a dozen decent sized cobs even though they got a good soaking once a week. Squashes (Potimarron, Sucrene du Berry and Waltham Butternut) haven't done well either - and no apples at all this year after a bumper harvest last year.

Probably due to really soaking their raised bed twice a week (a really hard chore for me!) the Asterisk celeriac looks great. I had to remove lots of leaf spot/miner? damaged leaves in July but the plants are fine now and between 10 and 12cm in diameter. Haven't pulled one yet, so fingers crossed they aren't riddled with woodlice, which is why I stopped growing celeriac a few years ago.

I don't know if I'll be able to carry on next year with my four raised beds. I get exhausted after 20 minutes on my feet and my hands hurt too, but I love sowing seeds and seeing the plants develop so I hope I'll be able to manage one more year at least.

Tricia :wave:

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 09:19:55 »
Yes, lots of missing people which is a shame but the ones left are still very generous with their sharing of info and experiences so it's still a good place to be.
Obxx - Vendée France

Pescador

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2018, 22:51:19 »
I'm on holiday on Vancouver Island! Back at end of month, hope you don't all get blown away!
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal