Author Topic: Sad News  (Read 2106 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Sad News
« on: September 12, 2018, 20:48:43 »
Hello everyone

It’s been a long time since I posted on here. But I thought I should let you know that Lorna, who has been a member here since 2005, sadly died on 1 September after a short illness.

If anyone would like to leave messages for her family and friends I will make sure that they are passed on.

Thanks

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Sad News
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 21:38:04 »
Sad indeed to read your words, Lorna to me was a lovely lady, both kind and generous with lovely humour. Thank you for letting us know.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 22:19:26 »
Georgie I am so sad to read your post, Lorna was a lovely member of Allotments 4 All, please pass my condolences and good wishes to her family, I am sure they will miss her greatly xx

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 22:57:40 »
Sory to hear the sad news.  Please pass on my condolences to her family.  She will be missed greatly.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 08:48:08 »
And from me too.
Nice to hear from you too Georgie, even if a sad occasion. Been too long since we chatted.
Gardening is the great leveller.

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 08:56:53 »
Very sorry to hear about Lorna, please pass on my condolences.

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 09:22:20 »
I am sorry to hear the news and thank you Georgie foe letting us know. Such a shame with her birthday only a few days away.
I am glad Lorna was still enjoying her tubs and plants up to the end I am sure the family will keep one or two going for a while.
Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 09:35:03 »
Very sad news indeed,my condolences to the family .

Gary.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 09:52:21 »
Thanks for passing on the news.  Haven't seen Lorna on here for ages but remember her as a warm and kind-hearted lady who loved her plants and family and was very proud of her grandkids.   Please pass on my condolences to the family.
Obxx - Vendée France

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 12:31:17 »
very sorry to hear this news, Georgie. I remember Lorna being a prolific poster and I'm sure a lot f us have gaind from her gardening knowledge.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 18:43:13 »
Such sad news she was a true lady, please pass on our condolences at such a sad time xx

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 07:25:00 »
We remember Lorna and her many contributions to this group.  Please tell her family  that she will be remembered on A4A with great fondness, and pass on our condolences.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2018, 18:13:38 »
Thank you for all your kind comments, I have passed them onto the family. The funeral is tomorrow and I will be there. It looks like it will be a sunny day and I know there will be lots of flowers. Just as Lorna would have liked it. 😊
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 10:45:40 »
I am so sad to hear about Lorna; she was a lovely lady.  We met in March, Cambridgeshire several years ago when I went to visit my niece Prink who was also a member.  Lorna gave me some Lily of the Valley as those I bought from garden centres never ever survived.  The ones she gave me though are still doing well and are a constant reminder of Lorna.  She was such a kind person and I am sorry to hear that she has passed away. 

Lishka

• Acre
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2018, 14:17:07 »
Hello to anyone who remembers me:)

Georgie, thank you so much for posting this news. A friend alerted me to your post last night. I hope that the funeral was, as much as anything, a celebration of a life well lived - she adored her family and undoubtedly this love was reciprocated. My condolences to 'young' Lorna and John and their families. I know that she will leave a huge gap in their lives.

I met Lorna on here (and thanks Dan for giving us this platform to make new and lasting friendships, you're a Star!) and Lorna, Rosebud (Mary) and I quickly became friends, in fact Lorna and I made a road trip to visit Mary. Lorna, who was a brill.driver, drove us.Oh! what fun we had! I smoked,back then, as did Lorns, and so, after a catch up lunch and natter with Mary, when we returned to our hotel we carried on partying..

Lorna had a deep voice and her tales of bring mistaken for a bloke when she was answering the phone at John's company were hilarious..."don't you 'dearie me!" said the client she was talking on the phone to, and the more she tried to explain that she was just a lady being pleasant, the more hilarious it became..
And then, there were our late night cigarettes outside our little hotel before bed.So, we crept downstairs, unlocked the door, and stood outside lighting up. Soon we attracted a cruiser who drove round and round the block, flashing his lights at us. Could have been worse, of course, cos it was only his lights he was flashing! Even so, Lorna said it was "all my fault" -cos I was wearing red shoes! Never knew that red shoes were a clear signal of availability, things you learn, eh?
I lost all my contacts during my Great Computer Crash way back, which is mainly why I haven't kept in touch but I remember those days with great fondness and the generosity and camaraderie of the seed-sharing circle.
Kind regards to all I remember from back then, with a special wave to Palustris.
Cheers! from Lishka

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 14:28:23 »
So sorry to hear this . In my thoughts and prayers . Debbie
Trespassers will be composted !

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 20:28:12 »
Wish I had seen Lishka's post earlier. Would love to hear from her again.
Gardening is the great leveller.

Lishka

• Acre
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 23:26:43 »
Eric, it's bedtime now so I'll message you tomorrow for a catch up. Cheers!

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2018, 14:38:01 »
The loss of a good person is a loss to all. Sad for the family, and a hole left in community knowledge😔
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal