Author Topic: Off for a break tomorrow.  (Read 1570 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Off for a break tomorrow.
« on: September 05, 2018, 14:08:51 »
The big adventure in the new motorhome starts tomorrow. Late ferry so a bit of wild camping the first night probably in the new forest. Then on to St. Neots for a week, back down south to Salisbury for a week so I can meet up with my group for a day of morris dancing, then on to somewhere in Dorset where there are a load of swans swanning about. It is going to be different to our old way of touring towing a caravan. No car to use to go out, so loads of dog walking, a spot of angling, nosing over allotment hedges and generally lazing about with a pint or three. She can still go raiding the charity shops for tat while I keep an eye on the rods. Shorts will be taken as it will still be summer in the southern stops but I've also packed the long johns for places north of Watford Gap. The leccy bike will be on the rack so I can visit any local Folk Clubs for another pint or three.

lezelle

• Acre
Re: Off for a break tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 15:19:10 »
Hi Ya, Enjoy your break and hope the weather stays fine for you. Leccy bike? at my age I am starting to hurt now when cycling so have been watching the leccy bikes for sale on Ideal channel. Soon to retire and my eyes are not as good as they used to be so the assisted leccy bike is attractive. Anyway as I said enjoy your break and take it easy.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 20:20:36 »
Have lots of fun !!

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 07:59:52 »
Have a great time Ace, we are off to Oxford next week.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 15:12:40 »
Both have a great time.  Should be much quieter now.  Let's hope the weather still cooperates.   :wave:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 06:59:11 »
  Let's hope the weather still cooperates. 

Certainly did, warm or what?  Shorts and T shirts were the order of the day until Friday when the wind and rain started. Had to come home a few hours early as the ferry company sent a message that ferries would be cancelled due to high winds.  St. Neots and Salisbury were great places to visit but I shall leave the darkest depths of Dorset out of any future trips. There you are sitting outside the village pub having a swift half when one of the locals starts skinning a squirrel for his tea, puts you off a bit and the camp site is next to a railway line and level crossing where every train sounds it's hooter. Good job it was only for a couple of nights stay.

pumkinlover

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 08:40:38 »
We had good weather too, though we were home last Monday. Had a great time, when we got used to the crowds  ( don't normally do cities!). Went to see the University Botanic gardens in Oxford and Waterperry gardens. Very impressed with Waterperrry considering the summer we had everything was in really good condition. We spent as much time in the little museum of gardening tools and talking to the lovely curator.
Fascinating array of tools and equipment.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 10:34:24 »
Thank you for that recommendation PKL sounds somewhere we really ought to visit.  :wave:

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 11:16:13 »

I always wondered what a Smart Car was for!!
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal