Author Topic: Annoyed with Wilkos  (Read 1877 times)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Annoyed with Wilkos
« on: September 10, 2018, 11:47:58 »
I ordered about 25 packets of seeds from Wilko online.  Lots of lovely cheap basic stuff - Leeks, onions etc - all at good prices - all in stock.
It never came so I enquired - got an email saying there were issues at the wharehouse.
Then I got an email saying the order had been cancelled and a refund issued.  No explanation, no real apology.

I really hate this sort of approach to customer care.  If you can't fulfil an order then tell me why and apologise for wasting my time.
Wont bother with them in future even if stuff is going cheap.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Annoyed with Wilkos
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 12:00:08 »
Very annoying, but you might get the seeds at half price in store at this time of year- although I guess you may have ordered online because you don't have a store nearby?

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 15:03:20 »
There is one fairly nearby but it is a pain to get to - eso when I can just press some lovely buttons!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 19:35:33 »
Chase organics (Dobies) did the same with me.. online SALE so bought some interesting looking stuff, then they couldn't fulfill the order.

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 11:34:38 »
Had the same problem with J&L seeds of France.  I had ordered from them through amazon and all had gone well.  When I tried to order direct from their website I got an acknowledgement but the seeds never arrived.  ALL my emails were ignored.  Complained to PAYPAL and got an immediate refund - NO explanation at all. If I want extra seeds now that I can't get anywhere else I have used Nicky's Nursery - prompt service.
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 07:25:08 »
Yep i am going to stick to Nicky's Nursery and Real Seeds plus my local garden center as they do some Seeds of Italy..

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 08:26:06 »
Wilkos are probably cleared out now but its worth maybe calling the shop and asking if they have any left and explain why your looking. The staff in the stores are lovley and very helpful. We love wilko because it has all the things in i struggle to find elsewhere. But good luck in topping up your seed stores :)

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 10:19:59 »
Hi Ya, it is very frustrating when you get let down. due to other commitments I was unable to sow what plants I wanted so invested in some plug plants, having never done it before I was surprised how small they are and have potted them on to grow some before planting out as I don't think they are big enough to feed a slug let alone survive. Hopefully they will be ok. They did look a bit sorry for themselves when I recieved them last week but are perking up now.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 14:20:43 »
Just an update.
Got an apologetic email from them today with a tenner off code to redeem online.

No so bad after all!

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2018, 10:31:59 »
no sounds like a win win :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal