Author Topic: ROASTED AUBERGINE LAYER BRUNCH  (Read 2175 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
ROASTED AUBERGINE LAYER BRUNCH
« on: July 27, 2018, 12:47:27 »

ROASTED AUBERGINE LAYER BRUNCH

With so many good things in the fridge I decided to combine a free for all mixture in Aubergine layers so roasted a whole Aubergine and some Red Bell Peppers and cut into slices.

Left the Aubergine to cool and gave the Red Pepper slices a quick splash of White Wine Vinegar to Balance out the Oil used to Roast the vegetables.

Oh my, we had Fresh Young garden Tomatoes and Cucumbers chopped small and seasoned particularly enjoy both at this stage as they are still firm to the bite.

I also ransacked the Garden for some young perpetual spinach leaves,Whole Cobra Beans and Runner Beans quickly steamed and chopped small.,,,plus did some New Baby Potatoes.

A combination of Quinoa,Orzo Pasta,Fine cut Raw Cabbage, Carrots and Raw Beetroot and a few Butter beans,seasoned and a splash of EVOO.

LAST PICTURE SHOWS LAYER CONTENTS………………………

Got a few Grape leaves from our Garden Vine and Steeped them in Boiling salted water, before plunging into a ice cold water bath, patted dry and squeezed of excess water, liberally olive oiled
 And used to serve ……..

Anyway had some fun making up the Aubergine Layers and pinned them with wooden sticks as ive only got so many hands and trying to manage the “Slippery eel” like layers were a challenge in itself…..

A quick extra drizzle of EVOO,and sliced a piece onto a prepared Grape Leaf, with a Baby Potato and Steamed Spinach Sandwich and Micro Basil Leaves.

Gotta say,the combination was De..Bloody.. Licious………………………..Gazza

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal