Author Topic: human pests  (Read 2382 times)

Nora42

• Acre
human pests
« on: July 15, 2018, 14:41:57 »
 :BangHead:

this is a rant. Our allotments back onto our gardens here in NW11 a leafy and lovely suburb 7 miles from the centre of town. Next door but one is a rented house and over the years has had tenants that were hardly noticeable. we now have young family 2 adults 2 children and that isn't a problem but it seems that every weekend they fill their garden with other kids and couples and are generally very noisy. last week the scurge of all suburbia arrived in the form of a trampoline. screams and whoops of joy for 4 hours yesterday and then an ominous silence.... I of course new where 15 children had disappeared to and went to the allotment to find them all running all over peoples plots removing bamboo canes messing with the water and eating the produce.
Given that I have had words with the father on two previous occasions about him and his family having no access to the allotment I gave them a few short tempered words and told them to go away. I did not swear. A woman appeared and said I don't know who you think you are but you have no right to speak to them that way. I do have a right - this is private property and you are trespassing. she then, all mother hen like gathered all the kids around her and loudly said." Don't listen kids She clearly doesn't know what she's saying"

the kids gain access to the allotments through a large hole in the hedge by-passing all signs. but as it has been clearly pointed out on several occasions that they shouldn't be there what can we do?
Nora

Norf London

Pescador

• Hectare
Re: human pests
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 15:26:43 »
As you have spoken to them directly more than once, I would have no hesitation of calling the local police. Start with trespass, theft and criminal damage!
Like us on Facebook. Paul's Preserves and Pickles.
Miskin, Pontyclun. S. Wales.
Every pickle helps!

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 18:31:54 »
Depends on your budget !
a) Appointment with local police inspector- to discuss your concerns regarding potential harm , from eating sprayed crops/'old boys' handing out backhanders
b)large bundle of briars/brambles stuffed into the hole and stakes driven through it
c) trail camera for photo evidence
d)Quorum of Committee, you have the address?
e)German Shepherd from local security night patrol
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 10:21:44 »
You hold them down and I'll whack them with a stick.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 18:26:43 »
The trampoline sounds like the least of your worries.
It is hard when parent condone and encourage bad behaviours in their children. 

Suggest you talk to their landlord.  They do not usually want tenants who upset the neighbours.  It is normal to have a 'don't upset the neighbours' clause in a house rental agreement.   Letter from the allotment committee, letter from owners of allotments.  Damaging hedges and fences is not acceptable to the landlord either.   

Mend the fence.  Electric fence? Hose pipe. 

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 10:30:01 »
Barbed wire fence for now with prickly hedge for long term solution.   Police.  Landlord.

Multi-pronged approach.
Obxx - Vendée France

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 12:38:51 »
Hi Ya, I agree with all of the above and if that doesn't work then as Ace said 'a big stick' parents and all

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 12:49:18 »
It is certainly the parents who are in the wrong.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal