Author Topic: Fam,s over and it aint finished yet.......  (Read 2075 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Fam,s over and it aint finished yet.......
« on: July 15, 2018, 07:49:08 »
With Fam here over the weekend and me sitting in the corner licking my wounds after being Horsefly bitten in the Greenhouse,amazing how such an insignificant little begger can have you swat it away after it nibbles you then 24 hours later the bite goes bad and my whole arm around my right elbow has inflamed up..im now in Bournemouth AE being told as your a Type 2 Dia and are feeling unwell you may go into sepsis.....mind you felt crap.....did then...still do now...but chin up...scoff some more antibiotics they let me on me way....home ....don't feel like doing much so .. in the kitchen to make a scooped out veggie boat with some mixed veggies and a olive oil dressing.......nice and cool in the sun.

then we all had  Griddled Chicken Salad.

then a summer fruit salad kept the troops happy........

Gazza

peanuts

• Hectare
Re: Fam,s over and it aint finished yet.......
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 10:54:50 »
Gazza, you are quite amazing!  Can hardly believe you felt like making all that beautiful effort after your A&E visit.  I suffer from horsefly bites in the same way, and I havent the excuse of diabetes.  Hope you have made a proper recovery .

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 11:01:46 »
Food looks wonderful, as always gazza. Nasty things horse fly bites, so hope the antibiotics keep you safe. Take care.

Tricia  :wave:

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 13:57:40 »
yer cheers,must admit after 50 years of loitering around rivers and lakes and having been bitten by most critters this shook me as after yesterdays cooking and fiddling in the kitchen its blown up over night so luckily Ben my nieces hubby is doing the barby today......hoooo ray......we all just went down Bournemouth this morning.....for a swim....by mid day it was 29 degrees and the littleun was getting frazzled and the beach was heaving so im doing light chores prepping the Goat Leg Steaks ive been marinading for 48 hours.....hope they cook well.......will see I guess........ill post it if they cook ok....found a place called Dorset Meat Supplies nr sturminster Newton,all you folk would luv it as his meat business is smack in the middle of a veggie suppliers place......all massive polly tunnels with everything imaginable growing.

anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,,,till later.

Gazza

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 21:23:18 »
The horsefly bite sounds awful, I have enough with wasps ants and chiggers. Taken to wearing wellies and overalls all the time on the plot as otherwise I end up with so many.
Presumably Fams over is family staying  :glasses9:
Hope you are on the mend.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 08:16:51 »
Hi Pumpkinluver,yep,always something nibbling at me in our garden too.....trouble is way to hot to be wearing clothing then you end up paying for it........no just my way of saying the fam are here..there from Hampshire but a  young family and working so we never get to see them,,,,,its been fun though as my Mum who is now in a local care home 5 mins from us gets to see her niece and great niece which is great,we are so so greatful my mum has established herself their,its not been easy for me to accept mum is so please but the dreaded Dementia and other health issues forced our hand....................anyway that life.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal