Author Topic: Moonlight or not  (Read 959 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Moonlight or not
« on: July 13, 2018, 05:41:33 »
I bought three 9 module packs of moonlight.  One was two weeks before the others.  But I am noticing some surprising genetic difference.  The first lot are noticeably more vigorous, producing a lot of side shoots, so four or five shoot growing up each pole.  But it is the flowers racemes which are striking: they are huge!  maybe as much as a foot long.
As an example one has set 11 small beans, two have fallen off, and there are more than 25 flowers to come.  I will be interested to see exactly how many it may be as many as 40.  Hence each flower head could have in excess of 50 flowers. 
I though the other pack beside them were growing slowly, but now  think they are  normal beside their monster cousins. 
The beans are particularly tasty with a good runner bean flavour.  I have grown moonlight in the past and taste is ok, these are special so another reason to doubt their Moonlight credentials.
Does anyone know what happens to the genetics of these French/Runner cross breeds when you save the seed.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal