Author Topic: Rain  (Read 12060 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: Rain
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2018, 17:30:14 »
We managed a  whole inch of real rain.  Went to plot this morning. Top moist but a few inches done it is still dry.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2018, 15:44:47 »
Two more weeks any only few drops.   Back to dry as a bone.   Friend in Cheltenham said it rained all yesterday morning  but it missed us again.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2018, 10:38:37 »
we had lots of rain friday/saturday morning which topped the water buts up enough to do the greenhouse yesterday. Its dry today and were expecting rain the rest of the week so made sure i have given everything a feed. Have started the process of closing the garden down for the winter as its getting a tad cold to be out now, and were away a good bit of october.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2018, 08:56:26 »
Went to bed with a large ribbon of rain approaching the coast of Ireland.  We managed four drips earlier in the day.  Suffered a bit of insomnia so checked up on my rain, yes it was coming and we had a few minutes of light rain about 3:15 but the main show was still on its way,

Gutted.  Woke to wonder where my rain was.  The whole ribbon disintegrated just as it got to us.  :BangHead: :BangHead: So the drought continues.     The inch from two weeks ago has long since disappeared.

Really worried that if the aquifers are not replenished over the winter we will really struggle next years.

The constant watering is getting very tedious.   :BangHead: :BangHead:

I think the temperatures might pick up into the low 20s next week again.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal