Author Topic: Crisp shortage.  (Read 1762 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Crisp shortage.
« on: July 02, 2018, 08:59:56 »
Due to the hot weather here they are predicting a shortage of potato crisps. They should not have grown Winston then. Lettuce is suffering also, just to put the price up I expect as I thought it was always sunny in Spain. Lager louts will also have a summer off and the singing tramp and his bottle of cider will be another tradition missing this summer. Veg needs CO2, why? What it really needs is some of the bullsh!t they have been trying to get us to believe. The next thing to be in short supply will be three piece suites, so you better get yours quick as they will all be gone by Sunday. But don't go panic buying as they will be in store again by the following Sunday.

lezelle

• Acre
Re: Crisp shortage.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 11:02:04 »
Hi Ya,
          Agreed Ace, they always seem to come up with something to justify a price rise. They are on about raising tax to cover the NHS, I believe the NHS workers and staff do well and deserve the pay rise they have been offered, but they could save thousands of pounds if they reined in some of the expensive ways they abuse the funding. The government seem to play the game as 4 years ago diesel cars were the way to go and petrol more poisonous, I bought a diesel car on that advice against my heart, now they say don't buy diesel. I find it really annoying. the local council say we are cutting back on services due to lack of funding so pay for this pay for that then what do they do? give themselves a 25% percent rise in personnel funding. I wouldn't mind if I could see something for thier money but the way they are building I do wonder if these so called councilors live in the same town as me. Very frustrating some times and who knows were it will all end.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 13:26:12 »
No problem. Not eaten crisps since they stopped putting the salt in them in little paper 'wraps'.
Gardening is the great leveller.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 15:27:33 »
Make your own.  Starchy potatoes, sliced thinly and dunked into hot fat for a minute only, then drained on kitchen paper.  Tried it once for the kids when we had run out and it made an acceptable crisp.  Can do beetroot as well and parsnips, if anybody already has decent size parsnips.  Happy experimenting.  :wave:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 16:43:55 »
Don't really bother me, I was going to say I don't eat crisps, but I used to love a cheese and onion crisp sandwich, not now, I would be finding them all day in my beard.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 19:11:58 »
Well when Germany played football, the shops run out of milk and the pubs run out of beer, and postage stamps (the shops not the pub)(not sure why that was), maybe everyone was buying me a birthday card to post.

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 08:31:08 »
The crisp dilemma is caused in major part by the appearance in recent days of Gary 'Saltnvinegar' Lineker on the telly almost all the time. Do not ignore the effects .
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 20:57:36 »
Mum and Dad stopped by on way back from a family funeral (they drove from spain to dublin for funeral and back via uk) and mum kindly brought me back a 12 pack of my fav childhood chrisps which will do me fine for the next few months :) (yes hidden from family)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 11:52:30 »
If the size of my potatoes are an indicator, there will soon be a shortage of potatoes.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 12:45:36 »
I harvested our first Charlottes on Thursday.  Some were hazelnut sized, many were a normal new potato size and some were rtaher large and turned floury on being boiled while the smaller ones stayed waxy as you'd expect.   I shall be doing them roast in future, with just a drizzle of olive oil and plenty of rosemary and garlic.

Obxx - Vendée France

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal