Author Topic: Mediterranean Weather  (Read 1962 times)

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Mediterranean Weather
« on: June 29, 2018, 19:39:41 »
I am getting a bit fed up with this weather now, and apparently it is to be with us for another couple of weeks. :glasses9:

My favoured temperature is 16°-21°C (60°-70°F) when it gets above this I find it creates work rather than preventing it.

I guess us gardeners are never satisfied :sunny:

Well at least my foreign stuff seems to be quite happy with it as you can see below.

Looks like I will have to get my shoes & socks off to prepare these....see what I mean....more work :drunken_smilie:

clumsy

• Half Acre
Re: Mediterranean Weather
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 21:25:04 »
Very envious of the grapes. I'm enjoying the weather it's been a long time since we had something like this.  I don't mind the extra work of watering.

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 07:53:27 »
Those grapes look wonderful!

Plot 18

• Acre
  • Plot in Mid-Kent
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 11:43:43 »
My grapes aren't as fat as yours, but they're growing nicely - my first 2 bunches ever so I'm super-excited about them :D

but yes, I am getting a bit fed up with watering on the plot, not allowed hosepipes, so hard work indeed!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 14:29:09 »
The watering is a pain I agree, I do my allotment twice a week in the evening thoroughly but some things were wilted last night. Strawberries in pots and the sweet peas looked flaccid but are ok this morning, I've put some green netting over the strawberries to give them a bit of shade, they are new plants I just hope they establish ok!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 18:15:08 »
Might get some figs on my fig tree, unless the birds get there first.  Too hot in sunny Enfield today.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal