Author Topic: Touchy or what.  (Read 1973 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Touchy or what.
« on: June 20, 2018, 10:47:16 »
What are you planting now? Ah, if I told you I would have to kill you. :toothy10: Off she went muttering about unsociable people.

lezelle

• Acre
Re: Touchy or what.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 11:20:48 »
Hi Ya, I can see why she went away muttering, It did amuse me as she asked as if you are always planting instead of striking a social conversation first then bringing it round to planting. Nice to see you made her feel welcome LOL

Beersmith

• Hectare
  • Duston, Northampton. Loam / sand.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 15:30:50 »
I tried. I tried really hard. But once the thought began to creep into my head I just couldn't stop it.

Pot, kettle, kettle, pot.
Not mad, just out to mulch!

lezelle

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 15:45:52 »
Hi, LOL, me of the other I wonder :)

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 11:10:13 »
Let me get this right: somebody asks what you are planting, because they want to learn from an experienced gardener? - they look up to you for advice? - or just plain showing friendly interest?  And this is the response?  A confirmed case of 'Grumpy Old Man'?  Let's hope you''ll never need her help watering when you are on your hols.   :sunny:

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 12:50:31 »
I suspect that we are talking about the long suffering Mrs Ace who is an   :angel11:

squeezyjohn

• Hectare
  • Oxfordshire - Sandy loam on top of clay
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 14:57:16 »
I suspect that we are talking about the long suffering Mrs Ace who is an   :angel11:

It can't be!  Ace never misses a chance to give his missus her full title ... surely?

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 18:20:46 »
It was an answer gven in jest, but perhaps she had trouble seeing my smile as I answered, No it was not the Yeti in pink knickers, The allotment is sanctuary, she would not dream of going there.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 09:00:17 »
Luckily Ace most folks on my site share the same sense of humour otherwise I think I would have pissed off most of the site by now..
I mean if someone asks what your doing when you have a spade in your hand then you are not going to get a sensible answer!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 09:48:39 »
It would seem that Me,Ace & Nick have a similar sense of humour, some would say a 'dry' sense of humour and I think that is what is wrong with our plots today.

Years ago a few of us would sit outside the communal shed after we had finished our chores on the plot and share a bit of banter,not now!

People seem seem to be caught up in other things and are too busy to do this,and to be quite honest.I miss it hence me visits to the plots are fewer than I used to and I tend to go at times when I think no one will be around,although if someone is about I do try to make conversation with them.

For example it is our open day next Saturday and I have heard more people say; they are not looking forward to going including me, rather the other way around, whereas in the past it was usually a great day out where the craique was often brilliant when many of us would tease each other about their growing methods or discuss the topics of the day.

It is at times like these that I find that many of them have no sense of humour at all,let alone dry humour!

I have seen some go off in the huff if the banter is not to their liking..........am I getting too old?....am I missing something?....carry on Ace some of us enjoy your humour!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 10:37:23 »
Yep, banter is a thing of the past, it might because people have to be so careful when they open their mouths and what comes out is not politically correct. We was talking about Old Sugar last night because of his 'banter' going tits up and then got called colour prejudiced  myself. I told them straight away some of my best friends have green fingers. Perhaps Sugar was out of order, I have heard a lot worse but 70 odd years of ever changing attitudes means I don't really care.

Paulh

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2018, 23:08:06 »
The other day my neighbouring plotholder (whose sense of humour is as dry as mine) asked to borrow my watering can as he'd forgotten to bring his. Of course I said yes. I really thought about it for, oh, 30 seconds, but as he was wateing his beans, I couldn't resist it -"it's the one I use for weedkiller".

Chameleon-like, he went through "you're joking, you're not joking, you're joking aren't you?".

I had to apologise and he's still talking to me.

Nora42

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 09:25:39 »
My lovely Allotment guru to whom I would ask all sorts of questions in the beginning of my vegetable growing adventures moved to Western Australia.
I do miss him ..... :blob7:
Norf London

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal