Author Topic: BAKED COURGETTES WITH GOATS CHEESE STUFFING  (Read 2004 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
BAKED COURGETTES WITH GOATS CHEESE STUFFING
« on: July 03, 2018, 10:19:53 »
BAKED COURGETTES WITH GOATS CHEESE STUFFING                 

Had some Courgettes from the garden and decided to stuff them with 2 Cheeses, Judy and I don’t have much cheese of any type so enjoy it when we do, so I got some Low Fat Mozzarella and some Welsh Goats Cheese which is really Creamy.

The Creamy yet tangy Goats cheese provides an excellent contrast with the delicate flavour of the Courgettes, and the mild low fat flavour of the Mozzarella will allow the flavour of the courgettes to be appreciated to their full.

PREHEAT YOUR OVEN TO 170 C / 330 F

Top and tailed the Courgettes and cut a slot from end to end about half depth of the Courgette.

Mixed the Goats Cheese with some Chopped Fresh Mint from the garden seasoned and spooned it into the Vegetable Groove……..Drizzled with Olive Oil and loose wrapped it in Foil.

Placed some whole Basil Leaves at the bottom of the remaining Courgette and cut a wedge of Mozzarella and place it on top of the Basil Leaves, season well, Drizzle with Oil and wrap in foil.

Place both Wraps on an Oven Tray and cook for 25 mins until tender.

CAREFULLY UPWRAP THE FOIL PARCELS FROM THE TOP EDGE AS THE JUICES MAY WELL RUN OUT.

Serve on top of  Orzo Pasta and Couscous then drizzle the juices from the Foil wrappers over the top then add  some salads of your choosing to finish.

Enjoy your Stuffed Courgette Lunch.

Gazza.

peanuts

• Hectare
Re: BAKED COURGETTES WITH GOATS CHEESE STUFFING
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 11:09:05 »
Hey Gazza, your recipes and photos are so appreciated and enjoyed.  i've  missed them, and I'm sure others have too.  Thank you.  They're inspiring and look delicious, as always!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 15:02:51 »
A nice full plate, we don't get those anymore since she watched masterchef

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 15:21:27 »
same old answer im afraid Peanuts.....just a bit of fun.........(but these days I've applied it to helping me lose weight and still enjoy tasty food)...............and yes.........without skimping Ace........wow that's proper portion control gone mad.

ive managed to lose 2 stone without going without............ok far more salad orientated plus plenty of herbs/spices to give it flavour.

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 20:09:42 »
Love the photo Ace!!!

Tiny Clanger

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 20:54:02 »
Top nosh mate. 10/10.  :blob7:
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal