General > News

rain

(1/5) > >>

johhnyco15:
yesterday was our first rain for 8-9 weeks however it was very light and only lasted for a couple of hours all the grass verges are turning brown and its only the second week in june

Obelixx:
We have had 216cm of rain since the drought broke in mid December which, round here, equates to 2 years' worth of rain.   Not complaining and the plants are clearly loving it.

In the preceding 15 months we had 23.5cms.   Much crispiness and brown stuff.

cambourne7:
we had about 10 min by the time i brought something into the house it had stopped were supposed to get quiet a bit over the next two days but i am not holding out any hope.

Beersmith:
A peculiar story in my location.  A few wet days but overall some lengthy dry spells. So counting up dry days - yes a dry period. Except that one very stormy weekend an intense storm delivered considerably more than a months rainfall in about three hours. So total rain as measured by the rain gauge probably a bit above average. But so unbalanced not really very helpful to growers.

Digeroo:
Nothing in the night but a few spot about an hour ago, which joined up but only just.  Had hoped for more.  My raspberries need a little help to fatten up nicely.  There are still a few showers on the radar over Wales but I do not expect much from them.  Our next possible Saturday though I will not hold my breathe.

We had quite a few heavy T-storms a couple of weeks ago so everything still very green here.  It came just at the right time for my blackcurrants. 

But I dug some holes to plant out some beans and courgettes and it was as dry as a bone to the bottom of the hole. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version