Author Topic: RADISH MANGO AND APPLE SALAD WITH HORSERADISH YOGURT DRESSING  (Read 2169 times)

gazza1960

• Hectare
Having been on a Mediterranean Diet for a few months and managed to shift nearly 2 stone so far its been enjoyable to eat low cal foods that are tasty as well as making the most of the lifestyle, of course my garden only produces a small amount compared to the plot we had before so any recipes are mostly shop brought but hopefully I can use what we have growing soon this season...........

RADISH MANGO AND APPLE SALAD WITH HORSERADISH YOGURT DRESSING

If you enjoy your midday salad with some sweetness, crunch and crispiness but are looking for a back ground heat then try this salad.

INGREDIENTS

10 to 15 Radishes
1 crisp apple cored and sliced
2 celery stalks thinly sliced
1 Ripe Mango peeled and cubed
Sprigs of Dill to serve

DRESSING

4 fl oz Fage low fat Yogurt ( or yogurt of your choosing)
2 tsps Creamed Horseradish
1 tbsp  chopped Fresh Dill
1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice ( or to taste)
Sea salt & Black Pepper

So, to make the Dressing simply add the above ingredients season to taste, and cool in the fridge till required.

Meanwhile slice The Apple in a bowl along with the Radishes Celery and Mango pieces…..now pour the Cooled Dressing mixture over the vegetables and blend together….season to taste …

Add this stage you can add any additional flavourings or more of the same till you’re happy.

Place a few Dill fronds on top and fridge the salad till needed

Although very tasty as is, I decided to enjoy mine with a few chunks of Dorset Blue Vinny Cheese and a slice of Seeded Wholemeal Bread, but I’m sure Feta cheese would be acceptable.

Anyway, really tasty Fresh Crunchy Salad with a Horseradish warmth from the Dressing for Lunch or Supper.

Gazza

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal