Photo Gallery > The Gallery

You could own this.

<< < (4/8) > >>

Palustris:
Progress has been patchy. We managed to get a decent reduction in price on the property we want because of the value put on it by our surveyor. Since then the problems have been due to slow solicitors. Up to today (Sunday) we have had confirmation that our buyer is pressing ahead, that her buyers want to move on the 18th March. We have signed all the papers,BUT we are still waiting for confirmation of that date before we can do anything else.
It has been a roller coaster ride and still it goes on.
I have a tunnel full of plants to take with us. And before anyone shouts at me, these are either ones which have to be grown in pots so exempt from the sale, or divisions of ones in the garden. I have not removed all of anything from the garden.
Still think it could all end in expensive tears.

Obelixx:
Fingers crossed then.  It's all so stressful and shouldn't have to be.   Good luck.

caroline7758:
Fingers crossed again! At least March would be a good time for getting stuff planted in your new garden.

Palustris:
Just had a letter from our Solicitor which shows that all the delays, hold ups, problems are down to the vendor's Solicitor. He just has not answered letters from our chap, so they have had to be re-submitted two or three times and still not had a response. In theory the vendors are signing the contracts tomorrow. We shall see!

Obelixx:
It's so frustrating isn't it?  In Belgium you get 4 months to complete from signing the "compromis" between vendor and buyer in the presence of a qualified and licensed estate agent to completing the official sale/purchase in the presence of the notaire who can act for both parties.   Penalties for being late or not getting the finance etc.  In France, it's 3 months.

Why can't the UK regulate like this and cut out the crap?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version